This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Fall is best known for all its yummy and comforting flavors. All warm, orange and yellow hues. Rich and flavorful dishes, what’s not to love when it comes to fall? I have a whole list of dishes that are my favorite to make during the fall, below I’ve included 3, one lunch/dinner and 2 breakfast. Of course these can be eaten at any point of the day. I’m someone that tends to “eyeball” and measure ”with the heart,” so I encourage you to do the same if you end up trying these!

Tomato Soup + Grilled Cheese
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees 
  2. Cut tomato, white or yellow onion, garlic and place in a baking pan.
  3. Season with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, basil and oregano
  4. Bake for 30 minutes or until tomatoes are wrinkly, soft to touch.
  5. Once it is out of the oven, blend everything, add more seasoning to taste and you may add milk, heavy cream, greek yogurt, or cottage cheese. All depends on what you have or what your goals are, for protein-rich pick greek yogurt or cottage cheese.
  6. For the grilled cheese I use sourdough bread and four types of cheeses. I usually use cheddar, feta, gouda and mozzarella.
Cinnamon roll pancakes + icing
Anna Schultz-Cinnamon Rolls Driping With Icing
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

These you can totally make from scratch but for a quicker and easier way of making them:

1. Grab any pancake mix and prepare accordingly
  2. For the cinnamon swirl that will be added to the pancakes, mix sugar (brown or white), cinnamon, a little bit of batter and softened butter. Add this mix to a Ziploc bag in order to pipette later.
  3. Butter a pan, but not excessively, pour batter and wait until the top bubbles. Once this happens add swirls and cover the pan with a lid. The cooking method for the pancakes is steaming!
  4. After a few minutes, check pancakes with a fork to see if cooked thoroughly.
  5. For the icing, mix powdered sugar with water and then pour over pancakes and serve!
Turkish eggs
  1. Boil some water and once hot, swirl the water and crack an egg. I usually do 2, but they are cooked one at a time. Swirling the water will allow you to cook the poached egg.
  2. In a bowl mix greek yogurt with olive oil, garlic and season with salt and pepper.
  3. Once the eggs are poached, place them over the Greek yogurt mixture.
  4. To prepare the final topping, in a bowl mix melted butter, olive oil, paprika, dill, cayenne, salt, pepper and garlic.
  5. Add this mixture over your poached eggs and greek yogurt and then enjoy with toasted bread!
Alondra is a bright, smiley, cow-loving student majoring in Psychology and minoring in both biology and philosophy. She is also a pharmacy technician and hopes to one day become a doctor. On her day to day she is running from one place to another and being vocal about her activism. Alondra tends to be a busy bee and also a social butterfly. When she's not busy you will find her in a hammock and hanging out with her friends or family. She is also a proud puertorican, a libra , a Halloween fanatic and a mom to a lovely pitbull mix named Bella Rose