Style > Beauty

3 Natural Beauty Products That You Can Find in Your Kitchen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

With the FDA not changing any regulations for beauty products in over 60 years, it’s safe to say leaning towards all-natural products for beauty regimes is one of the safest things to do. Not sure where to start on your endeavor into natural beauty? Try your kitchen.

Coconut oil

I first started using coconut oil after reading a suggestion that it keeps the skin hydrated. As a person with chronic dry skin, it quickly became a life saver and a product I cannot go without. Coconut oil is composed primarily of nourishing fatty acids and is especially high in lauric acid. It also contains vitamin E and healthy fats, which help to make skin smooth. 

Apple cider vinegar

Apple cider vinegar has astringent properties, which helps to increase the blood flow to the skin and minimize pores. If you have oily skin, this is a great remedy. If you have dry skin, I suggest mixing it with your favorite moisturizer or using it as a toner and applying moisturizer directly after. It also regulates the pH level of your skin.

Avocado oil

Avocado oil is an amazing remedy for dry hair. It is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids that nourish and strengthen the hair follicles while providing moisture that gives your hair a spectacular shine. Besides combating dryness, avocado oil also promotes growth by providing vitamin E, which is absorbed into the scalp and hair shafts to stimulate growth while protecting against damage.

Hi I'm Paige. Currently a third year English major at the University of South Florida. Passionate about animals, Birkenstocks and french fries.
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.