Style > Beauty

2 Perfumes To Add To Your Roster: Powerful Woman Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

I love finding a new perfume. I’m the type of person that loves to make my scents match my vibe for the day, my outfit. If I’m going to the beach I might opt for a more coconut-y/tropical scent. If I’m going out to dinner I’ll lean more towards a rich, musky scent. Although I enjoy catering my scents to my outfit or vibe of the day there are certain scents that I wear on a more consistent basis. Usually I want a strong, rich scent. The general adjectives that I want to use to describe my daily scent are mature, powerful, sensual, strong, and feminine. I want a scent that isn’t too “young” like  cupcake or cherry blossom, but isn’t too musky or woods-y. I  don’t want it to smell like my grandma, so no strong flower scents like rose. So below I’m going to tell you about my two go-to everyday scents that I think perfectly encapsulate these adjectives and vibes.

Hypnotic Poison by Christian Dior

This scent is basically my childhood. It’s my mom’s go-to scent and my mom represents those adjectives I mentioned (mature, powerful strong, feminine, etc.). This perfume has heavy notes of almond and vanilla, with refreshing jasmine. It comes in a beautiful deep red color in the shape similar to an apple. This scent is lighter than the other one I’ve been using recently, but still carries the message that I am trying to send, a powerful woman. 

Paradoxe Intense by Prada

This is a scent that I was able to try through a partnership I did with Prada Beauty and Her Campus. This scent, I think, is a lot stronger than Hypnotic Poison, it’s more “in your face” but in a great way. This scent has notes of bergamot, amber accord, pear and white musk. It also comes in an adorable triangular shaped bottle and it’s part of Prada’s sustainable collection, so when you run out, instead of buying a whole new bottle you can buy the refill.

These two scents, like I mentioned before, are my everyday go-to perfumes. Every time I wear them I’m reminded of how strong and powerful I can be. 

Alondra is a bright, smiley, cow-loving student majoring in Psychology and minoring in both biology and philosophy. She is also a pharmacy technician and hopes to one day become a doctor. On her day to day she is running from one place to another and being vocal about her activism. Alondra tends to be a busy bee and also a social butterfly. When she's not busy you will find her in a hammock and hanging out with her friends or family. She is also a proud puertorican, a libra , a Halloween fanatic and a mom to a lovely pitbull mix named Bella Rose