2 New Movies You Need to See, If You Haven’t Already 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

If you’re a big lover of movies like me, then you definitely need to see these two movies as soon as you can; I promise you, they’re amazing. (NO SPOILERS, DON’T WORRY)

M3GAN

M3GAN tells the story of a young girl, Cady, and her new technologically advanced doll, M3GAN, who was designed by Cady’s aunt, Gemma. When Cady’s parents pass away in a tragic accident, Gemma decides to simultaneously pursue her new project of M3GAN while also providing Cady with a new companion to cope with her loss. As time goes on, M3GAN reveals a darker and deadlier side that puts everyone’s lives at risk. 

Before going into this movie, I was expecting a horror movie similar to that of the Annabelle movies. However, even though this movie is in the horror/thriller category, it was not nearly as scary as I was expecting. As a matter of fact, this movie was more comedic and entertaining than I could have anticipated. After seeing the movie two times, I can confirm that M3GAN as a character is probably one of my favorite villains of all time. Although I do not condone any of her murderous actions, I do think she was incredibly interesting and hilarious. 

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish is a comedic film that takes you on Puss in Boots’ adventure to grant his wish to get back his nine lives after he realizes he is on his last life. Along the way, Puss is met with a plethora of other characters, such as the confident Kitty Softpaws and the innocent Perrito, who help him learn more about himself throughout the journey. While he and the other characters are in search of this wish, Puss is constantly faced with a wolf, who imposes a threat to Puss and his adventure. 

I will admit, I was hesitant to go see this movie as I assumed it would be geared solely to children, but as an adult, I have to admit I saw this movie twice and thoroughly enjoyed it both times. I would say the most notable aspect of this movie was the animation. Instead of sticking to the classic animation we are used to in other DreamWorks films, Puss in Boots: The Last Wish includes moments where the animation takes on a less cohesive style that is reminiscent of hand-drawings and even paintings. This element made the film even more captivating and exciting to watch. On a shocking endnote, I have to say, the wolf throughout this movie is way more terrifying than the entirety of M3GAN, and that’s all I’m going to leave you with. 

Hi !! My name is Bella Rabadi and my pronouns are she/her/hers. I’m majoring in English with a Literary Concentration and Political Science. I love to read, write, and hang out with my family and friends.