This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC chapter.

With #ExamSzn right around corner, it’s time to hang up your frat shoes, buckle down and hit the books to secure that “C” in your Pass/Fail Category D GE (everyone “At Risk,” you know who you are). Sorry if you’re the student who missed the withdrawal deadline, but it’s time to turn it around, and make Mom and Dad proud with your new and improved GPA . With that in mind, here are a few favorite places to go when I’m on that work grind.

1.    Robert Wood Plaza, Patio: Enjoy the fresh air (err, smog?) and chillax on a red lounger all to yourself. Did I hearRanked #1 on my list for a reason, this scenic spot will have your Snapchat friends “oohing” and “awing”. Located behind Heritage Hall, take a quick break from hammering out your 10-page research paper due tomorrow, and check out the collection of Heisman Trophies just feet away.

2.    Annenberg, Floors 2-4: It took me nearly seven months to venture beyond the main floor, but now that I have, there’s no going back. Cluttered with cozy study niches and comfy window seats, you are bound to find the perfect nook to settle down for the day.  

3.    Doheny Library: Nuff said. See you guys there!

4.    New North Courtyard: Calling all NN residents: Roll out of bed, throw on your last clean t-shirt and head on outside. Who wouldn’t want to study while getting a tan? Definitely beats the study lounges that are crawling with stressed freshman calculating the minimum exam grade they need to earn a “B+”. Fine, currently settling for a “B” in IR 210…

5.    Roski Library: While some may argue this library is completely out of the way, I would like to remind you that not only is Nékter right next-door, but it’s usually 100% silent. In my books, that’s a win-win (yes, pun completely intended).

6.    Nazarian Pavilion: Can’t study without abusing caffeine? Ya, same. Strategically located outside Literatea, refills for days are an added bonus. Peace out dining dollars!

7.    Hoose Library, Mudd Hall of Philosophy: Channel your inner Hogwarts spirit with high ceilings, bowing arches and stained glass windows. Do not shy away from this inevitable Insta opportunity; your followers are counting on it. If you didn’t post a pic, did you even study? Mom sure won’t think so when she gets ahold of your transcript. “D” for diploma, right? Yikes.

8.    VKC Library: This super low-key, generally uncrowded basement library area has tons of communal desk space, so definitely a go-to when trying to reteach yourself implicit differentiation with your Math 118 study group. Expert tip: tons of extra desks behind the stacks of books.

9.     Fertitta Hall: Start reserving your breakout rooms ASAP!

Places to avoid:

1.     Leavey Library: Infested with sleep deprived and un-showered zombies, this place is so packed 24 hours of the day, you might not find a single unoccupied cubicle. In the event that you do happen to find yourself here in the early morning (I won’t lie, I made it until 5AM once last semester), do not be alarmed if you stumble upon a figure emerged in a sleeping bag. Remember: only USC members are allowed entrance after 9PM, so chances are favorable that it’s a student taking a power-nap and not a wanderer from Fig looking for permanent residence. *relief*. Enter this facility at your own discretion, you were given a fair warning.

So while exams suck, do not forget to fight on (and study)!

Just a Canadian girl trying to make in LA, major foodie and fashion fiend.
Hey there! My name is Katherine Lee, but I go by Moi- a childhood nickname that has stuck throughout my entire life.  I am originally from the Bay Area and now I'm student at the Annenberg School of Communications and Journalism at USC.  The one thing I love more than hitting the gym is hitting every good restaurant wherever I am.  A foodie and a gym rat makes me quite a contradictory person, but I hey- I just like to keep things interesting!