roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
roman kraft ZoAlN3 pJO8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Starbucks recently released their holiday cups for the season, as well as their holiday drinks. We’ve tried them so that you don’t have to.

Caramel Brulée Latte

The first holiday drink we tried was the Caramel Brulée Latte. This one is my personal favorite. It combines espresso, steamed milk, Caramel Brulée sauce, whipped cream and a caramel Brulée topping. It is a sweeter drink and just has a simple caramel flavor. This drink is very good but doesn’t remind me too much of a Christmas flavor. It is good both hot and iced.

Eggnog Latte

The next drink is the Eggnog Latte. I personally did not enjoy this drink but then again I’m not the biggest fan of Eggnog to begin with. This drink only had a hint of eggnog taste and was one of the less sweet holiday drinks with a slight spice taste to it. 

Chestnut Praline Latte

The next drink is the Chestnut Praline Latte. This drink has the most Christmas-y taste in my opinion. It has a slight nutty taste but it was not overpowering. It wasn’t too sweet and I would definitely get it again.

Gingerbread Latte

The Gingerbread Latte pretty much tastes like gingerbread. This is almost like the Christmas version of the Pumpkin Spice Latte. This drink was good to have once or twice, but I don’t see myself getting it over the Caramel Brulée Latte or the Chestnut Praline Latte.

Peppermint Mochas

The Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha has a slightly different taste than the normal Peppermint Mocha. The Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha is a little harder to find on the menu, but it’s worth it. The Peppermint Mocha tastes like you’re drinking a melted Andes Candy, if you like this flavor though then totally go for it. The Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha has a creamier more subtle peppermint taste. 

(Peppermint Mocha)

(Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha)

Toasted White Chocolate Mocha

Last but not least is the Toasted White Chocolate Mocha. This is a very sweet and creamy drink that resembles the taste of a White Hot Chocolate. The drink has an almost buttery sweet kind of taste. This drink is great hot. 

Now you just have to pick a drink to try to go with your Christmas movie and pajamas. 

Psychology major at URI with a double minor in English and Education. Loves coffee & anything caramel, dancing, music and watching Netflix. Obsessed with all things Disney and spent a semester working at Disney's Animal Kingdom.