This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Being a sports fan is awesome. Going to a game in your team’s jersey, getting park food and beers, and cheering for your team as they crush your rival; it’s priceless. However being a female sports fan? Not so much.

Pink hats make a terrible name for female “sports fans.”

I don’t need a jersey or hat to be pink and bedazzled, and would actually prefer that it isn’t. I’m here to watch sports and wear my team’s colors proudly, not make a fashion statement. Unless its for breast cancer awareness- don’t make it pink.

Seriously, keep these out of the stadiums/arenas.

I do not watch sports to impress guys.

I watch sports because I like sports.

Men feel the need to quiz you on your team’s history to make sure you’re a “real fan.”

“Oh you’re a bruins fan? What’s Claude’s uncle’s step-daughter’s brother’s dog’s name?” I’m not sure because that’s completely irrelevant.

It is assumed you’re there only to be scoping out the men.

Nope. Good looks won’t win you games, just ask Cole Hamels.

Your friends either aren’t sports fans, or don’t like the same sports as you do.

Please change the channel back to the game. I do not care about basketball wives, I care about the basketball game.

You’re automatically deemed a puck bunny, cleat chaser, etc. until you can prove yourself otherwise.

I’m here because I like to watch sports. If my boyfriend happens to play a sport it’s a plus, but I will not date someone just because they play a certain sport.

Females who aren’t sports fans judge you.

Because again, it’s all for the attention and for people to like you. Riiiight.

Getting the rules explained to you as if you don’t already know them.

Listen, I know what icing is. I know what holding, offsides, and fouls are. I don’t need you to whisper in my ear why the ref called what he did.

Not being taken seriously with fantasy leagues.

My NHL playoff bracket was 100% until the finals.

You’ve been told you’re unlady like while watching a game.

Do I care?

URI Class of 2016. Health promotion major, Kinesiology minor, from Massachusetts. Sub-par lacrosse player, expert pizza eater. I'm probably obsessed with your dog. Follow me on Instagram: @tamelesss or Twitter: @tameless