This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Have you and your friends tried the #yummychallenge yet? Or are you a Selenator? Maybe you’re into rap and currently are learning all of the words to “The Box” by Roddy Richh. 

Besides Roddy Richh, (who currently holds the number one spot on the Billboard charts), these artists are desperately crawling and scratching their way to that title. But why now, all of a sudden? 

Justin Bieber seems to be having a comeback. With a new tour and documentary series happening on YouTube he’s also dropped a single called “Yummy” which people have created a dance to.

On the other hand, Selena Gomez has dropped her new heartfelt album “Rare” and is driving to stores such as Walmart and Target to purchase her album, thus helping it skyrocket up the charts. 

Pretty interesting tactics. As the shenanigans ensue, Roddy Richh has kept it pretty cordial, recently tweeting for his fans to stream each of the other artist’s songs. 

Whatever the case maybe it just comes down to a matter of whose fans love their idols the most. As long as their fans are engaged with their social media accounts as well as keeping up to date with their music no one can lose in this race for the number one spot.

Journalism major. Its’s ya girl! Xoxo, Seeonbothsidez