This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

November is a time to be thankful for the things that have come and gone in your life. With the semester winding down, and Jack Frost knocking at our doors in the early mornings, it is the perfect time to sit back with a journal, some soft music and reflect on this year’s journey.

This year I am thankful for growth and change. I have grown so much and found my college “ride or die” friends. I turned 19. I learned a little French (which is one of my target languages). I got a new job! I brought a car! I became a writer for Her Campus! 

What are you thankful for this year? Is it your annoying little sibling? Or, maybe you are for your family in general. Are you thankful for friends? Are you thankful for simply living life? Although, it can be full of highs and lows. One tip I recommend would be journaling; not only is it a therapeutic outlet, but it is a good way to remember what you are thankful for, as well as actively log your experiences, feelings and memories from the past year. 

November is also a time for being mindful of yourself and the world around you. It’s time to review. You do not need to wait until January 2019 to look back on the year. I recommend taking the time to look at your life and yourself. Who are you today compared to who you were January of 2018? Think of how you have grown and changed. What have you accomplished? Who are you? What are you thankful for? What has happened this year? (Also, now you have a whole list of thing you are aware of, thankful for and won’t have an awkward pause at the Thanksgiving table once it’s your turn).

Also, consider how you’ve grown from year-to-year. I am definitely not the dumb freshman who lost a two-hundred-dollar textbook (that I brought from the school store a week prior; I found it, after running around campus like a madman). From year-to-year, month to month and day to day you grow. Every day in life you learn something new. Every day there is something new to be thankful for. 

Make sure you take care of you!

Felrette Greene is currently a sophomore at the University of Rhode Island, she is currently majoring in Political Science. In her free time, she can be found watching Netflix, reading, writing, or taking pictures. You can check out her photography skills on her Instagram @ fifi.greene.