Meet the URI HC Team: Alexia Williams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Have you ever wondered how some people manage to be involved with organizations all over campus and still find time to sleep? This week’s campus celebrity is more like a campus superstar. Meet our very own executive writer, Alexia Williams! 

In addition to the HC team, Williams belongs to the Student Alumni Association, Kappa Delta Sorority, Panhellenic Board- VP of Philanthropy, Second Step Nonviolence Program and is a Sankofa Spiritual Peer. If all of that wasn’t crazy enough, she even holds leadership positions in almost all of the organizations. In SAA she serves as the Coordinator of Application, on PanHel she is the VP of Philanthropy and for KD she has been the social chair as well as VP-Philanthropy. To top it all off, she majors in Elementary Education and Sociology. Best of all? She somehow remains completely humble.

This junior from Johnston, RI speaks modestly about her decision to get involved. She says that she made the decision to join these organizations because she felt that she could better herself while helping others achieve their goals.

“I have become way more involved and connected on campus. I have developed many meaningful relationships, and I am truly grateful for the sense of pride in our University that has grown within me through the work I have done.”

More about Williams…

What’s your favorite article that you’ve written for HC?

10 Struggles of the Dining Hall

What’s your theme song?

“BO$$- Fifth Harmony”

Who is your celeb crush?

“Josh Groban”

What is the #1 thing on your bucket list?

“Dance the Samba in Brazil”

Best and worst class?

“Best class- EDC 320, worst class- PSY 113”

What was your dream job as a kid?

“To be a dolphin trainer which was short lived after I had a panic attack when I went swimming with dolphins”

What’s your favorite place to eat around campus?

“Simply Thai”

What is your favorite college memory?

“1 am Taco Bell runs with my freshman year floormates”

What’s something people don’t know about you?

“I’m a twin!”

If you had to chose a last meal what would it be?

“Eggplant Parmesan  from Twin Oaks with a side of Squash”

If you could have dinner with anyone in the world who would you choose?

“For a romantic dinner, Kyrie Irving but for a formal dinner, Pope Francis or the Dalai Lama”

Something you want to do before you graduate?

“Go to Spain”

What piece of advice would you give to freshman?

“Be yourself, be humble, and always be open to change”

Words to live by:

” ‘Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.’ (Hebrew 11:1)”

Marketing major. Beer enthusiast. Lover of sports, adventures, and movies... but first, coffee.