Meet The Team: Jackie Rowell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

MEET OUR TEAM! Jackie is Her Campus URI’s own treasurer and writer. 

Name: Jackie Rowell

Hometown: Pembroke, MA

Major: Communication Studies

Age: 20

If you could hand pick your dream dog, what would it be and what would you name it?

“I am embarrassed to say I am far too prepared for this question. My dream dog is a fluffy Golden Retriever named Charlie.”

Favorite spot on campus & why

“My favorite spot on campus is the Pharmacy building. I just get good vibes in there. That’s my go-to place to study and people watch.”

What was your most embarrassing moment?

“When I first moved off campus, I didn’t have my car here so I was taking my best friend/ roommate’s car for my 8 am. I literally used her car more than she did. BUT one day I decided to be super kind and get gas for her and I was not paying attention at all and put diesel in her car. LOL. It was literally smoking the next day when she tried to take it to class. We had to take it to the shop and get the gas removed from her car. Only my life. “

Celeb you can’t stop staring at

“ZAYN MALIK- ILY BABE”

What do you aspire to do after you graduate?

“HOPEFULLY I will be offered an internship with NECN this summer. I hope to learn about different communication options within the news world and go from there.”

One place you’d rather be right now

“Literally anywhere sunny and 75. So sick of the cold. #RIProbz”

If you were stuck on an island with only one meal to bring what would it be?

“This is a hard one. I love so many different foods. I would probably have to go with the classic option of pasta and vodka sauce. So simple, yet so tasty.”

Favorite part about URI

“I think my favorite part (which I regret taking for granted at times) is the fact that I have the ocean so close to me. We’re so fortunate to have such a nice view!”

Who influences you the most?

“I’m really lucky to have such an awesome family, but I would have to say that my grandmother influences me the most. She is such a great example of the person I strive to be and I am so grateful to have her by my side. She is literally my twin.”

Things you can’t live without

“MY DOG. If I could take him to school, he’d be here in a heartbeat.”

What is something you really want to accomplish in your lifetime?

“I really want to travel the world. I think it’s super important to put yourself out there and learn about different cultures and see the world from a different perspective.”

Best advice you would give someone

“Appreciate your time in college! Four years flies by, as much as everyone tries to tell you this, seriously listen. I’m at the point where I can’t believe I have one semester left. It seriously does fly, so appreciate it.”

I'm willing to make anybody smile. I write to show how I chase happiness, contain & maintain positivity, express love and thought, and pursue strength and stability.