This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

We are living completely different lives then we were back before spring break. No more parties, no inviting friends to come see your cute new dorm, for some; no in-person classes what so ever. But while living in this new age, how can students keep up the same level of academics while never having to step foot from your own bed. I have found that using these tips has changed the game for me when it comes to keeping my productivity levels high!

1. Read your syllabus and focus on the due dates

This will allow you to be prepared ahead of time for online submissions that don’t always have a reminder. Reading your syllabus will tell you the expectations for the class and what the workload will be throughout the semester.

1. Find the perfect planner for you!

My favorite isles of target and marshalls have to be the planner isles. I love looking at all the different formats and seeing which one is going to keep me on track! Using the planner that will keep you accountable for all of your work is what is going to keep you organized for the year!

1. Get things done ahead of time

This is up to you sister!! It is time to stay on top of your work. Getting things done on Sundays and days where you literally have nowhere to be is what is going to set you up for success. Handing things in early and correct is not only going to give you a great reputation but it is going to boost your GPA to where it needs to be.

1. Get your sleep

One thing that I have realized with all this time on my hands is that Netflix and Disney plus need to be turned off at the right time. No more staying up late. GURL you need your beauty sleep. That should be the number one priority other than school. The better sleep you get the more ready you are to take on the day.

1. Don’t stress

We all have our off days. When you have free time go and exercise; embrace the outdoors. Do the things you enjoy doing. This will make the times you are doing school work soooo much less stressful.

These tips have helped me so much over the past month. I needed to get out of the quarantine bubble and back to (for me) the pre-med mindset. Working hard and having fun are two of the best parts of college. Let’s live this growth time up to the fullest and embrace it!

Back-to-school supplies, agenda
Alexa Williams

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading my article! I'm Madison, a sophomore here at URI! I am a kinesiology major on a premed track!