Fall Festivities to do with Your Roomies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

As we all know, fall is right around the corner and if you’re as basic as me, this is your favorite time of year as well. Between the leaves changing colors, oversized scarves and boots being back in season, and the chilly air of October, there are so many activities for us girly girls to do this autumn; so get your apple crisp flavored candles lit and toss back those pumpkin spice lattes, cause those are just the first of all the fun festivities you should definitely indulge in this season with your roomies.

First thing: once it hits October you should hit the pumpkin patch.

When you get there take a nice hayride with the girls and make sure to get an artsy Instagram, preferably candid and laughing at each other with the caption “Hello, Autumn.” Next, pick out the biggest pumpkins there are because obviously you have to have a carving session when you get home. However, make sure you debut your work of art on your upper deck outside; from past experiences I can guarantee they will get smashed after one day of leaving them on your stoop. The survival rate of pumpkins in Old and New Eastward are slim to none. After you carve your pumpkins with some adorable designs, make sure to roast those pumpkin seeds with some seasoning. So simple, and SO delicious.

Apple picking!

When I went with my roomies, we had such a fun time and afterwards, as my friends would say, you get to make an apple crisp pie that’s bomb.com. After you make that amazing apple pie, sit outside, invite some friends over and make a bonfire. Wrap yourselves up in some blankets, roast some marshmallows and drink some hot chocolate. Enjoy the breezy weather Autumn has to offer because we all know we will be snowed in soon enough.

Take a trip to a Haunted House.

Image you and your roommates walking through a haunted house getting each others reactions on snap chat to show everyone else? Haunted houses during October is a MUST. Who doesn’t like getting scared with their besties or getting lost in a corn maze? I can guarantee these two fun-filled autumn festivities will leave you with some of the most hilarious memories with your roommates/best friends.

Shopping in your Roommates Closet

What else is great about autumn you ask? How about the fashion. Sweaters and scarves are soon upon us and between me and my four other roommates, I basically have a never ending selection of oversized sweaters to choose from. You might as well add chunky scarves, fur vests, boots, knee high socks, long sleeve dresses and cardigans to that list as well. Your roomies clothes are your clothes. Happy shopping!

Crafts.

If you’re anything like me and my roomies, you love crafts. Who cares if you’re in your 20’s and you want to paint a pinecone or make some leaf art? Go for it. Pour some wine, sit around the kitchen table and get out your imagination. My roomies and I already have Halloween sun catchers hanging in front of our window for our neighbors to see, we suggest you do the same. While you’re at it, bake some infamous Pillsbury cookies with the pumpkins on top because why not?

So ladies, take a trip to the pumpkin patch and capture the perfect Instagram with your besties. Get out those flannels and oversized scarves and pick out the juiciest apples you can find. Go to a haunted house and make sure you snapchat your roommates getting scared out of their mind. Lastly, roast some pumpkin seeds, bake a delicious pie and sit around with your roommates with some Angry Orchard cider’s while discussing your group Halloween costumes for this year, (you’ll need at least three or four).