burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Young woman looking at different racks of clothes at a store.
Photo by StockSnap from Pixabay

Fall is one of the best times of the year when it comes to fashion. The layering pieces and the colors are so fun. If you want to be more stylish this fall, you have come to the perfect place. I have compiled a list of some of the most fun fall 2020 trends. These trends are sure to elevate any outfit.

1. Knee High Boots

Say goodbye to your over-the-knee boots! It’s all about the shorter shoes now. Have fun with the colors. Don’t just settle for black or brown, get bold with white, or pink. If you’re feeling extra daring, go for an animal print like zebra or cow.  If you’ve always wanted to wear go-go boots, this trend is for you.

2. Matching Cami and Cardigan Sets

These sets are adorable and so easy to style. Just throw on a pair of mom jeans and you’re ready to head out the door. This combo is a great transitional piece from summer to fall. It gives you a bit of warmth while not overdoing it.

clothes
Becca McHaffie
3. Sweater Vests 

I have been seeing sweater vests everywhere. And I must admit I couldn’t imagine how you could successfully style this piece. But as it turns out, it’s quite simple and super cute. For an oversized look, put on a large button down and then throw on the sweater vest. If you have a more fitted vest, layer it on top of a white short-sleeved crop top for a cute schoolgirl look. If you can’t find any sweater vests, I suggest looking at through the men’s section at the thrift store.

4. Tennis Skirts

I have saved my favorite trend for last. Tennis skirts are so adorable and extremely popular right now. You can get them in a variety of different colors. My favorite is white because it can go with almost anything. To style, throw on a collared shirt and layer it with an oversized sweatshirt. Add your tennis skirt and you have a cute and on-trend outfit! You can even wear tennis skirts with your sweater vests!

Hi! My name is Casey Badal and I am the Co-President of Her Campus at URI. I am a Textiles, Fashion Merchandising and Design major with a minor in Public Relations. I love all things fashion, reading and movies!