etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Destination: Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Year after year, the decision of where to go for spring break remains a struggle. You have one friend who wants to dedicate the week to bikini beach parties in Mexico and the other friend who just wants to expand her travels and visit a popular city in Europe. Before the stress for this years decision comes into play, take a look at these awesome, and unique, spring break locations and get inspired.

Cancun, Mexico

If you ask a college student the first place they think of when they hear the words “spring break” the place that comes to mind is Cancun. If you have ever dreamed of staying in a resort filled with college students and spending all day at parties on the beach, this is the destination for you. Travel companies like Student City offer affordable, all-inclusive packages with transportation, rooms at popular hotels, concerts, parties, and more.

Daytona Beach, Florida

Generations of spring breakers before us have set the standard for old school, non-stop partying. If you’re looking for warmth but you’re worried the cost of Miami nightlife will leave you eating ramen noodles for the rest of the semester, Daytona Beach is calling for you.

Las Vegas, Nevada

If you’re 21 and all you really care about is having the craziest spring break of your life, then Vegas should be your first and only thought.  The famous strip where letting loose before the final stretch of spring semester will not only be accepted, but also highly expected. As we all know, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

The Virgin Islands

If you need a little piece of paradise this spring break. start praying to our three favorite saints, St. Croix, St. John, and St. Thomas… of the US Virgin Islands of course. Relax in the softest sugar sand on the most tranquil beaches and get this, you don’t even need a passport!

Negril, Jamaica

If you’re looking for a low-key and laid back destination, Jamaica is the perfect spot for you. Take a break from the dance parties and bikini contests and venture off for some tubing down the Great River or rope swing around the waterfalls. As one of the most relaxing vacation spots, there might not be a better way to spend your week off.  

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Let’s just imagine that you worked really hard all year long and your tax return is going to be outrageous. Or, you recently found yourself a really sweet sugar daddy… just kidding. Basically, Cabo is the place for you if your price tag is not limited and you’re looking for a high-end experience. Plus, it must be a great “vaca” destination because would LC and Audrina really go just anywhere to celebrate Brody’s birthday? 

Quebec, Canada

Maybe you’re just not ready for beaches and bikinis after hibernating all winter with Netflix and pizza. If you’re craving a little taste of Europe but you can’t just jet set off to France, there’s still an option for you. Quebec just happens to display all of the European charm you can imagine on our very same continent. 

Have fun and be safe, spring breakers!

Marketing major. Beer enthusiast. Lover of sports, adventures, and movies... but first, coffee.