Ashlee Milone ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie, Ashlee Milone! (And don’t even think about spelling it “Ashley”).

This freshman hails from Westchester, New York. Upon first impression, her quiet façade fool you, but she can sit through a gruesome horror movie and will never turn down an electronic dance music concert.

Heavily involved in cheerleading in high school, Milone competed and won countless competitions. “Cheerleading was a huge part of my life and who I am; I made so many friends while learning teamwork, responsibility and the value of hard work,” she said.

But with her hectic college schedule as an education major, Milone decided to retire her pom-poms and hair bows.  “I went to cheerleading try-outs here at URI, but wanted to join a sorority instead. Doing both would be so time consuming and stressful,” she said. “But I knew I wanted to get involved in a club that would be as close-knit as my cheer team.”

While pursuing her dreams to become an elementary school teacher, Milone has even gained experience volunteering to work with children here on campus.

“It feels great to volunteer and get a feel for what I’ll be doing after I graduate,” said Milone. “Spending the day making an impact on their lives definitely verifies what I want to do in life.”

Read on to learn more about Ashlee!

Name: Ashlee Milone

Age: 18

Year: freshman

Major: education

Relationship Status: taken (sorry boys!)

Favorite Candy: Skittles

Song obsession of the moment: Blank Space (Mash-Up) by Louisa Wendorff

Celebrity Crush: Dave Franco

If you were stranded on a deserted island with only one person, who would it be and why?

“I would choose my boyfriend, Matt.  I feel that he would come in handy when it comes to making fires, creating shelter, and finding food.”

It’s 1am and you’re starving.  What’s your go-to delivery place to order food on campus?

“Kingstown Pizza is always the answer.  Kingston fries and boneless buffalo wings all day…gotta have extra sour cream and celery sticks!”

How have you been involved on campus here at URI?

“I am part of a sorority, Delta Zeta. I’ve volunteered for several activities around campus such as the Greene School Shadow Day, where I shadowed a sophomore in high school for one day and gave the student a tour of the school to start preparing them for college.”

Who is your favorite Kardashian?

“Kendall Jenner, definitely…she counts as a Kardashian, right?  She seems down to earth and she’s stunning.  Kylie’s a bit too out there for me, I mean, have you seen her Instagrams?”

Jamie is a freshman Communication Studies major at the University of Rhode Island. While she is not mourning the loss of Chelsea Lately, she enjoys watching Saturday Night Live, taking Buzzfeed quizzes, or making the mistake of stalking Instagram food accounts while on an empty stomach. Sarcasm is her forte and she strongly believes in leggings and reality television; if she cannot be a Kardashian, at least she can write about them.
Sabrina is a senior at URI studying public relations. She is originally from MA but has found a home in the Ocean State. A peer mentor, sister of Kappa Delta sorority, and HC Campus Correspondent at URI, she loves being involved on campus. If she could describe herself in a few words, she would say she's a driven individual with a huge heart who's obsessed with all things fashion, music, and adventurous.