Alexa Tombs ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

This Jersey girl is going to get to Hollywood in one way or another. Everyone, meet this week’s campus cutie, Alexa Tombs.

Tombs has been dancing since the age of three. When she was ten years old, she started dancing competitively against other dance teams across the country. When she was a freshman at URI, she auditioned to be a Ramette and has a strong member of the team ever since.

Tombs’s passion for dance has followed her throughout her college years and doesn’t seem to be going anywhere in the near future. Just last week on February 28, she attended tryouts for the New England Patriots Cheerleaders, which is the longest process in the league. After three rounds of cuts, she was lucky enough to make it through all three rounds.

“It was awesome to see all of the dancers that came out to audition and also to see the current Patriots cheerleaders,” said Tombs. “I also completed the second part of the audition process which was a personal meeting with the head coach, Tracy. My next step in the audition process is on March 13. I have to perform three dances for a panel of judges, two that were taught to us and one self-taught solo routine. If I make it through those rounds, then I will officially be a Patriots Cheerleader!”

Apart from her love for the art of dancing, Tombs is a driven public relations student. In addition to chasing her dreams as a dancer and cheerleader, she hopes to have a successful career in the world of public relations.

Read on to learn more about Alexa.

Hometown: Whippany, NJ

Major: public relations, minor in leadership studies

Favorite band: Kings of Leon

Favorite candy: KitKats

What is your favorite quote?

“My favorite quote is ‘Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You,” by Dr. Seuss. It’s also my life motto.”

What is your dream job?

“My dream job would be a replica of Ari Gold from Entourage. My dream is to be a successful movie agent in Hollywood at either CAA or WME.”

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

“If I could change one thing about the world, it would be the way that people treat each other.  I think people forget that happiness, respect and love are all free and need to be practiced every day.”

Where is your favorite spot in Rhode Island?

“My favorite place in Rhode Island would have to be Newport.  It is so beautiful and there is so much to do.”

What are some of your hobbies?

“Dancing, of course. I also love shopping, watching hockey, and hanging out with my friends.”
Sabrina is a senior at URI studying public relations. She is originally from MA but has found a home in the Ocean State. A peer mentor, sister of Kappa Delta sorority, and HC Campus Correspondent at URI, she loves being involved on campus. If she could describe herself in a few words, she would say she's a driven individual with a huge heart who's obsessed with all things fashion, music, and adventurous.