Life > Experiences

8 Things to Do During the Christmas Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

1. Decorate Gingerbread Houses

No matter how old you are, you are never too old to buy a gingerbread house and create a masterpiece out of frosting and candy. Or, if you’re anything like me, let your mom take over on the decorating, sit back and eat all the candy!

2. Have a Christmas Movie Marathon

There is almost nothing better than snuggling up in your pajamas on the couch for the the classic “25 days of Christmas” movie marathon on Freeform. Gather up your friends, and get ready for a night filled with The Grinch, The Santa Clause, Polar Express and so much more.

3. Go See Christmas Lights

It always gets me in the holiday spirit driving around my town seeing everyone’s houses decked out with lights and Christmas decorations. It’s almost as if the houses have come to life!

4. Decorate a Christmas Tree

Whether the tree is fake or real, big or small, decorating a Christmas tree for the holidays should be at the top of your list. Throw on some Christmas music and you’ll be putting on your Christmas topper in no time.

5. Listen to Christmas Music

Speaking of putting on Christmas music, from November 23 until that ball drops on New Years Eve, everyones radios should be playing those Christmas tunes.

6. Join a Secret Santa

It is always nice to give around the holiday season, so what better way than to start a Secret Santa with a group of friends. Set a price range, pick a name out of a hat and you’re good to go!

7. Bake Festive Treats

Who doesn’t like baking around the holidays! Go on Facebook or Pinterest and there are always thousands of ideas, from Pillsbury holiday cookies to “Reindeer Chow.”

8. Go to a Christmas Party

No one should be spending the holidays alone. So be merry and be social! Take up any chance you get to go out and spend the holidays with family and friends.

Hi! I'm Gabby Curtis and I am currently a freshman at the University of Rhode Island. I am majoring in Communications with a business minor. In my free time I love hanging with friends, staying active, and enjoying a good movie!