This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

1. Hoboken, New Jersey

Hoboken is considered to be one of the most up and coming cities for young adults in recent years. It is a short commute from Union city and conveniently located right across the Hudson River, with gorgeous views of NYC. Some of the most popular employers are located in Hoboken and when you’re looking for some fun on the weekend, there are many oppurtunities for nightlife such as clubs and lounges in the area. Hoboken has many diverse neighborhoods, making it a lovely place to situate yourself right after college. 

2. Atlanta, Georgia

Home to many large manufacturers such as Coca-Cola, with a surplus of employment opportunities. The cost of living in this city is fairly inexpensive- half the price of Manhattan and not to mention a much warmer climate.  Georgia is located in the center of the south, making it very convenient to travel to other southern locations. It is a very stimulating environment for the recent graduate population, so it would be a great place to call your new home.

3. Bethesda, Marylande

Not too far from the metro Washington D.C. area, job opportunities are high in this newly populated area. There are hot jobs in the fields of life sciences and information technology. Bethesda offers a diverse amount of fun, while making it possible to live happily and comfortably. 

4. Minneapolis, Minnesota

With jobs in retail, marketing and banking, Minneapolis offers a great array of job opportunities to fit a variety of recent graduates. It is known for its high wages and affordable property. The area promotes a highly physically active lifestyle, as a great amount of the population rides bikes, skates, buses, and utilizes their own feet to get from place to place. 

5. Austin, Texas

The city of Austin has the highest number of 25 to 30 year olds contributing to their population. This city offers a variety of occupations in computer technology and engineering. ATX is bursting with art, technology and individuality. 

6. Cambridge, Massachusetts

Cambridge has been ranked the best city for new college grads. There are more than 600 companies in Boston, MA which is spitting distance from Cambridge.  The city offers popular jobs in biotech, research development and health care. With the large young population, it is quite easy to assimilate and a fantastic area for networking and building your post-grad career. 

7. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Pittsburgh ties in prosperity, accessibility, great food and a variation of cultural attractions. It was rated one of the most livable cities in the U.S.  Did you know Pittsburgh is home to the Klondike bar and the infamous Pittsburgh Steelers? That leaves you with two perfect reasons to move to Pittsburgh once the days of buring yourself in textbooks and study guides are over.

Alexia Williams is a member of the Class of 2017 at the University of Rhode Island. She is a Elementary Education and Sociology double major. She loves to eat, pray,and love!