alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

21 Stages of a Night at the Bar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

One morning after a night at the bar I was sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast. My friend Francesca walked in in a state of frenzy and screamed “THE DAY AFTER THE BAR IS THE WORST DAY EVER.” I couldn’t help but laugh. At the same time, I couldn’t agree more with her. 

My friends and I always think going to the bar on a Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday night is a smart idea… until we wake up the next morning that is. Although, we do get a good laugh out of everything that occured. These 21 series of events make up the majority of what goes on in most bars as a college student. 

1. Trying to get past the bouncer. Usually this isn’t an issue, unless there are like 200 people inside and it’s impossible to get in. The struggle. 

2. Getting in and speed walking to the bar because it usually takes forever to get a drink. YES. We did it. Feeling accomplished. Now, where is the bar at? 

3. Finally getting a drink only to realize it’s a $10 minimum. Oh well, looks like I have to double up on that Margarita! 

4. Finishing two drinks in less than 30 minutes and hoping you can find someone in that time to buy you a third. Sometimes, this can be tricky. The person who you want to buy you a drink more than likely won’t take the hint and some random might offer. Tip: take the random offer. 

5. Found him, no money? Are you kidding me. This is the part where I want to yell out NEXT like they did on MTV’s Next show.

6. Friends! Found my friends again. Thank goodness. Where have you all been? *Only been 5 minutes*

7. Song comes on. YES WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS. Dance until it ends.

8. Gets bored, a little more than tipsy at this point. OMG I know what I have to do, I have to pee.

9. Walks to bathroom then storms bathroom. A line? Of 20 girls? Nope. Excuse me, let me get up there *cuts whole line, gets glares from other girls*. Sorry you didn’t have the guts to cut the whole line like me, ladies.

10. Walks out of bathroom. Finds friends. Bar dance party round two.

11. Time to leave? No must stay until the lights come on.

12. Start a tab at the bar for the last hour. Never a good idea, but happens every time.

13. Rounds of drinks for everyone! More like a drink for my best friend and I.

14. Okay, I think we all need to leave. Or should we stay? Yes, lets stay.

15. Where are my friends and who is this girl dancing on a chair? Ew. This is a true story. I looked over and saw a girl wipping her head around holding on to a chair. I wanted to say, “Can someone please take her home?” 

16. Friends! Found them, but they don’t want to leave. Shocker.

17. I guess I’ll stand by the bar and wait. This is okay until the 50 year-old man who should probably be at home is standing next to you. Nevermind, I won’t stand by the bar. 

18. Oh great, a weirdo wants to start a conversation with me. Get lost, sorry.

19. OMG, it’s 2 a.m.? What are we even doing at this point?

20. Gets Uber home. Vents to Uber driver about who knows what.

21. Drunk; eats life away. When I say everything, I mean everything. 

Number 21 gets me and I know you all feel the same way. “I won’t drunk eat,” is what I always say to myself before going out. Then what do you know? A few hours later the entire bag of doritos I just bought is gone. For a group of girls heading to the bar together for a good night together, those 21 events sum up what goes on. 

Please write a short bio here! And don't forget to add a photograph!!