This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

I used to scroll through numerous instagram pages that were to die for. How could they pull off such aesthetically pleasing posts? I saw that they all had one thing in common; they each followed their own unique guideline. They all had different themes that captured  people’s attention. After roaming through several accounts, I came up with a few tips and tricks that can help upgrade your Instagram game. If you want to visit any of the pages, just click on the picture of their feed!

Mix it up with Borders

A cool way to update your feed and make it appealing to new followers is by adding borders to your pictures. Your feed will have a more uniform correlation that will make it appealing to viewers. UPRM’s own museum’s page uses this style; as well as the user yagowashere.

Use the Same Filter

Fabiola Candelario is a close friend of mine and an aspiring blogger. I’ve always admired her beautiful feed and asked her how she achieves to have such a beautiful feed. She told me that her key to success is taking vibrant pictures and using the same picture in the app VSCO to edit them.

Maintain a Theme

Whether its color blocking, posting about an activity you love, or maintaining the same color scheme, etc., find a theme that you find aesthetically pleasing and focus on posting content that fits your theme.

B&W

Black and white photographs will never go out of style. This classic scheme makes any pictures timeless.

Unique Poses

Change the way you pose for pictures for out of the box pictures that are sure to capture attention from viewers. They will make you stand out from the crowd and help make a name for yourself.

Cool Lens

Everything looks great from a different angle. Try purchasing cheap lens for your phone or camera and start taking unique pictures!

Check-board Game

If you haven’t checked out our instagram page already, you definitely should! In this check board game layout, you can vary between different types of content to maintain your audience’s attention and diversify your page.

So now that you found your ideal theme, how do you stick to it? Use apps for enhancing appearance; there are many apps that help you see how your posts will appear on your feed. This way you can preview how your feed will look like beforehand. The pictures below show how you can select pictures from your camera roll and preview them with the Preview app.

There are countless of other apps that can help you edit these pictures by applying filters and/or borders, such as VSCO and Picsart. I hope that these tips and tricks will help you update your page by giving it a unique style that is true to you!

♡ Marketing Major working towards a minor in Graphic Design ♡
English Major at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus. With a minor in Comunications and a minor in Marketing. Interested in all things entertainment and pop culture. Passionate writer and aspiring journalist. Former Campus Correspondent at HC UPRM.