This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

The second semester is around the corner, and it’s time for you to prepare yourself for this new beginning. You are probably reflecting on what you want to change, what your aspirations are and ambitions as your resolutions for this new year. You can start planning what things you want to achieve and accomplish. So here are some study tips that can help you make that happen:

1. Be positive

It’s very important to be positive in order to attract good things, sometimes it’s not easy to be positive but it is something that we need to do. Our thoughts can control us and influence our aspect in life. If we want to do good, then we need to have a positive mind set.

2. Be organized

Depending on your schedule for the new semester is how you should organize yourself. Have a planner by hand so you can then write down all the things you have to do.

3. Be realistic

When it comes to getting homework done or studying for exams, plan on having study goals. You should be realistic to yourself when it comes to how much you can study and how much you can achieve.

4. Remember important dates

Have always in hand a calendar where you can write down all the upcoming important dates like projects, exams, due dates of exams among others. This is very essential because this way you can always have a reminder of those dates.

5. Motivation

It’s good to be aware of what motivates you so you can decide what factor can maintain your energy and for you to stick to your study plans.It can be listening to music, taking a break in between tasks and watching a funny video, going for a walk or something of your preference; it’s all up to you.

6. Don’t overwork yourself

Be aware of your limits, it’s good for you to know this so in the future you don’t overwork yourself. It’s good to take time for yourself to clear your mind, talk with some friends, watch a movie, spend time with your family, it’s good to have a balance between university and your social life even though sometimes it’s hard to accomplish but not impossible.

7. Be an active reader

Besides reading what is assigned to you, it would be good for you to read something besides that, something that you like, this way you can stimulate your brain by keeping it active and focused.

8. Get More Sleep

With all the work they give us it is sometimes hard to get enough sleep, but it is important to have in mind that we need to rest in order to be active so we can complete our doings. Not only that but you will also feel better and be more alert for your early classes.

The new year has started and it’s time for you to start thinking about those goals that you proposed yourself for the new semester. Sometimes is pretty hard to go back to the same routine as before after vacations but these study tips will for sure be your guide to get you back on track and be better than ever. This resolutions that you have proposed yourself for this semester can make it more bearable for you. With this in the end you can prove yourself as how far can you have come by doing all those resolutions.

My name is Angelique Matos, most people call me Angie and I am from Cabo Rojo. I am an English major on my third year studying linguistics and I have an obsession with fashion and makeup.
Fabiola del Valle is 22 y/o English Lit. major studying at UPRM. She currently holds the position of Campus Correspondent and karaoke queen.