SignsoftheTimes Hero?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
SignsoftheTimes Hero?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Academics

STUDY TIPS BASED ON YOUR ZODIAC SIGN

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Let’s be honest with ourselves. We can spend hours watching tarot readings on TikTok—sometimes, we even stumble upon some cute note-taking. How many hours do we actually spend studying, though? If you’re anything like me, not many.

Studying is easier for some than it is for others. Every sign has its strengths and weaknesses. Here is how to manifest your power on your adult life voyage!

Basically, we have four triplicities or groups of elements with three signs each. All of these groups have unique traits. For example, the fire signs tend to be passionate and exuberant, while earth signs are practical and grounded. Finally, we have air signs who are intellectual and curious, and water signs are intuitive and emotional. We’re going to go one by one and show you some ideas to improve your study life!

Aries (Mar 21 – Apr 20) Ram

Of course, Aries is first. Some say Aries are the best, so of course, they are number one on the list. Brave and strong, they are the Gryffindors of the zodiac signs. But apparently, we have some negative traits. (Is it too obvious I’m an Aries?)  Now, what helps and what doesn’t in the workplace and study life? Aries are known for being unafraid, ambitious, honest, optimistic, and creative. Basically, the best coworker ever. But the truth is Aries can get furious over, well… anything. They are also impulsive, so their creativity becomes real chaos. Another “negative” trait is their competitive mentality. So, they quickly start coming as arrogant and selfish. But Aries are good leaders, and they work well under pressure, so making them their own boss probably works best for them. Ultimately, Aries just learns the hard way. 

Some tips: Channel the extra energy by interacting with friends. Stay focused, and don’t let the fears of being forgotten, or the FOMO, distract you. Finally, get a hobby that rewards you for all your work.

Taurus (Apr 21 – May 20) Bull Oh the sensual plant-mother. Taurus people love being cozy. They want good things and are very possessive about them. Bothering a Taurus when they are relaxing and chilling with their plants or pets is not a good idea. They are also very stubborn and unidirectional,  they put all their focus on one single task and forget the others. However, this makes them very loyal and protective when it comes to relationships. We just love Taurus! In the workplace, expect a Taurus to not excel at multitasking. They make up for it since they’re very intelligent. They can be very productive if you’re able to get them out of their personalized work-massage chairs and lazy attitude.

Some tips: Get very cozy, but don’t fall asleep! Bring some good snacks that you can munch on while studying. Fill your office or workplace with plants, and maybe bring your pets somehow.

Gemini (May 21 – Jun 21) Twins These twins love to have a good time. The Gemini personality is way too fun. They can be playful, but at the same time, they juggle jobs, hobbies, and relationships. Social, witty, and nosy, they wrongly come across as two-faced. We can’t blame them; they are born right up when work ends and the summer parties begin. They know how to have fun, but what happens when they have to work or study? If you hear murmuring in the office, it’s probably Gemini. So, they’re a great addition to the team to improve the communication flow. They need social stimulation, so don’t give them the corner office. 

Some tips: Geminis get bored easily. Study groups or collaborative work could help you find that motivation. Reward yourself with 5 minutes of texting on a study break. Your greatest challenge is definitely finishing things undistracted. 

Cancer (Jun 22 – Jul 22) Crab It’s a crab. And they have a shell, you have to get under it to see there’s actually a sympathetic soul. They’re stubborn and possessive, trying to keep their friends and family under their shells. They’re tough to reach, but they’ll love you all their life once you do. It’s hard to do this since they are very emotional and temperamental. They are very intuitive but lack any sense of reason. However, I did not come here to roast crabs. Cancers can be very passionate and good lovers. In the workplace, they are excellent at time management; be sure to treat them fairly and expect an awesome quality of work. They are also great to work with on team assignments, and they are very committed and responsible. (Even with somewhat toxic traits, you make up for it and we admire you.)

Some tips: You are hardworking and always creating quality work, so be sure to take breaks and take care of your emotional health. Also, maybe don’t be so clingy.

Leo (Jul 23 – Aug 23) Lion Leo is the true magnificent leader of the zodiac. They strike you with their radiance, and they sweat actual glitter. They are, of course, very proud of this. Leos live life to the fullest, and they avoid being at home. Naturally, they are also very loving and good performers. You may not think so, but this Lion has imperfections just like everybody else. They are strict and inflexible; their powerful minds help them conquer anything they want to, so make sure to stay out of their way. Nonetheless, Leos are compassionate, and they really have the heart of a lion. However, a Leo can be intense. They get hurt if your devotion doesn’t match theirs. In the workplace, Leos are active, inventive, and positive. They are eager to be leaders. When working on a group project with Leo, make sure you give them room for flexibility.

Some tips: We know you give your best and that’s what counts! Don’t punish yourself. Make your surroundings reflect your playful side. Study groups are good for you too!

Virgo (Aug 24 – Sep 23) Maiden There is one thing Virgos need, and it is to relax. Born perfectionists, they are always looking for improvement. We appreciate these thoughtful maidens, but they should stop overthinking and working themselves too hard, and take more care of themselves. They can be very judgmental, picky, and stubborn. They are very hardworking, and they expect everyone to be the same. In the workplace, they are of course great employees, but they need to put the coffee filter in their mouths sometimes, so they don’t say things that will offend others and jeopardize their opportunities.

Some tips are: Keep things in the office that relax you. Take breaks. Have friends who can help you work better as a team. Have a filter and remember that everybody makes mistakes. And bear in mind that emotions are not a disadvantage! 

Libra (Sep 24 – Oct 23) Scales Like their constellation, Libra is all about balance and equilibrium. This zodiac sign desires to merge with others and put fairness and elegance in everything. They love to keep the peace and are non-confrontational. Libras are stereotyped as indecisive, and they leave others waiting in line for their coffee order. However, our aesthetic friends are critical to this cultural moment and environmental crisis. Their moral compass inspires their workplace. They are awesome mediators, but sometimes they get overwhelmed by trying to pick a side, making them very anxious and tense in the workspace.

Some tips: Avoid conflictive people in the workplace. Study in the library or a place where you can be surrounded by tranquility and bond with people of similar interests.  Libras love to know the truth, so make sure to do deep research—get curious!

Scorpio (Oct 24 – Nov 22) Scorpion Some people mistake this house for a fire sign. Passionate and powerful, Scorpios are smoking hot! But they are really a water sign, and their emotions flow like the river. They are calculating and are the type to enjoy the game of getting what they want. Seductive and mysterious,  they crave that emotional connection. I’m a fan. In the workplace, the charm of Scorpios draws co-workers to them. Considering Scorpios are independent, they can feel like their workplace is overcrowded. This not always a bad thing, since Scorpios’ natural sense of power can quickly turn everyone into their pawns. 

Some tips: Study alone or in an environment in which you have total control. Other people might bother you when they try to solve problems for you, make sure to tell them you got this!

Sagittarius (Nov 23 – Dec 21) Archer Nope, it’s not cupid on fire. It’s Sagittarius, a truly unique zodiac sign. These Archers are curious, passionate, intense, and flexible. They desire to explore the depths of everything. With Jupiter as a ruling planet, they are extravagant, and they just want it all. Adventures, infinite knowledge, you name it: they dive in deep, even to what seems like shallow waters. Sagittarius can be dancing to fellow Sagittarian Britney Spears on full blast, then give the most serious speech on Philosophy. They like EVERYTHING. And, well, they think they know everything. Since they don’t have any filter, their sarcasm can come off as them being incredibly arrogant. Because of their inability to have consistency, other signs can find them unreliable at work.

Some tips: Try to focus on one task at a time. You can create a checklist to keep track of what you left unfinished. Other people have valuable ideas, so make sure you always make others feel validated and heard.

Capricorn (Dec 22 – Jan 20) Goat Sweet but practical, it’s hard to think Capricorns are perceived as cold and unemotional. Well, sometimes they do make it easy to believe… Known for being hardworking, Capricorns are a fair mix of confidence and humility. Truly misunderstood, this sign is in a race against the clock, which means being bothered with silly things can annoy them. However, they need to remember that not everyone thinks the same way, nor are they so extremely ambitious. Sometimes the sea-goat must enjoy the present and not overthink the future. With these practical traits, Capricorns can be the dream employee, which means many people try to take advantage of them in the workplace.

Some tips: Find a quiet place where you can study. Reconnect with nature and your emotional side. Remember, not everything in life is a challenge or a race. Wind down and enjoy life.

Aquarius (Jan 21 – Feb 19) Water Bearer For starters, no,  Aquarius is not a water sign. With their rebellious nature, they refuse to be so obviously classified. Aquarius is an air sign; they are highly intellectual and curious, exceeding in the mind and interpersonal skills. This sign is far-sighted and original, making them awesome creators. One foot on land and the other in the water, the water bearer bestows life and helps the community. This is probably why they’re considered to be the humanitarians of the zodiac. Aquarians will always try to make a big impact and don’t care about silly little things. Therefore, they are truly hard-headed and trouble-prone. When working with Aquarius, give them space—they have trouble understanding that everyone has different opinions, and not everyone can be convinced.

Some tips: Work with people who are passionate like you; together you are unstoppable. It’s good to rely on instinct, but sometimes it’s illegal, Aquarius. 

Pisces (Feb 20 – Mar 20) Fish Oh my, the deepest of the water signs. Drowning in the emotional realm, Pisces has gone through it all. Tired of carrying all the wisdom of the zodiac signs, Pisces avoids conflict and lives in their own illusion. However, with all their experience, they can easily adapt and understand the world around them. We appreciate Pisces’ empathy and generosity, but they can become people-pleasers. Pisces prefers when others take the lead. But if you have a Pisces in the workplace, make sure to allow them to express themselves, since they’re naturally creative.

Some tips: Take care of yourself too! Learn how to say no, turn off your phone during study time, or your “you” time. You deserve it!

Angela E. Rodriguez Ballester is an Electrical Engineering student obsessed with true crime and witches with pointed hats.