Songs To Add To Your Playlist: Valentine’s Day Edition. 

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

As we all know, Valentine’s Day is around the corner and everyone starts to buy presents to give each other. I would like to remind you that it’s not a holiday for couples only, it’s mostly known for being a holiday to share with loved ones such as friends, family, and lover. This valentine let’s all be creative and put effort into our way of giving. We can start by creating playlists or maybe sharing songs with each other. I would like to list some songs for example: 

• Valentine by 5 Seconds Of Summer: I don’t know about you, but this is my Valentine’s Day anthem. This love song has been stuck in my mind since it was released and if this song were a color it would be red with white dots. This song feels like it should be in a rom-com because of how lovely it is. 
  • Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer: Another rom-com banger. Kiss Me is such a love song that it feels like when you receive a love letter, but with background music. The song denotes the feeling of a first kiss so magical and so unreal yet so lovely. Personally, these types of songs I love to listen to them alone and walk around as if I were the main character because songs like Kiss Me make me feel like I’m appreciating the little things in life.  
  • Lover by Taylor Swift: I bet we all saw it coming. What’s a romantic or Valentine’s Day playlist without a Taylor Swift song? The 3rd track of Lover counts with a billion streams because of Valentine’s Day and because of the meaning the song possesses. Some people like to use it as a bridal song because it’s bridge alludes to a wedding, thanks to her smart and wise songwriting. 
  • Real Love Baby by Father John Misty: Released in 2016, thanks to TikTok many people got the chance to discover it. Real Love Baby is a soothing song which talks about the celebration of a genuine connection, in other words, it means communicating the joy of being in love and alive. I feel like this song has a pretty big potential to become a part of a soundtrack to a very romantic movie. 
  • She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5: A song from the perspective of a man wanting to love a woman better due to her suffering in a troubled relationship. This song is truly calming, delicate, and is also soft. 
  • Love On The Brain by Rihanna: Slow rhythm with intimate words. It’s one of Rihanna’s most loved ballads containing elements of the soul. Love on the Brain feels like slow dancing around in a ballroom with your partner, dressed in your gown or tuxedo feeling loved. 

Here are some honorable mentions:

• Lovefool by The Cardigans 
  • One More Love Song by Mac Demarco
  • Lovers Rock by TV Girl
  • Always Forever by Cults
  • Valentine by Laufey
Julybet is a writer at the Her Campus at Universidad de Puerto Rico at Mayagüez chapter. She is a very passionate enthusiast for films & music, she is also an advocate for human rights. Earlier in her teen years, she started to be drawn to activism and fighting for equality and justice. She strongly believes that everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and much respect; and is committed to use her voice for those who can't, making a difference in the world. In addition to her advocacy work, her love for music and film is as much as important. She tends to find solace and inspiration in the power of storytelling through music and visual arts. Always seeking a meaning whenever she's listening to music or watching a movie, she's trying to understand the message. Overall, she strives to make a positive impact in her personal and professional life. By combining her passion for human rights with her love for music and films. Hoping to inspire others to join her for a more and inclusive society. “I believe that through creativity and activism, we can truly make a difference in the world”.