Scents guys LOVE!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

So you have the outfit and makeup down, you already know where you’re going on a date and what the plans are, but did you know that scent can be a powerful memory trigger? No fear collegiettes, we’re here to help you out!  Here’s a few of my personal favorites and some that you may want to try next Friday 14th, so you’ll never be forgotten!

Victoria’s Secret Bombshell

Out of all the perfumes mentioned, this is one that guys seem to like the most. My holy grail, since my first purchase I’ve gone through about six bottles of this stuff. It’s that addictive. I call it the female version of Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce cologne, and if you know what this smells like then you know what I mean. Definitely my favorite.

Prada Infusion D’iris

I’m into more fruity scented perfumes so the fact that I like this soft, sweet perfume is even a shocker to me. It’s so delicate and feminine, two sprays is all you need for the rest of the day.

Halloween- J. del Pozo

It’s embodied with a very shocking floral scent which stays with you all day, and by all day I mean ALL day, you could even smell it after a workout. This is another perfume that alot of guys seem to recognize. 

Chance- Chanel

This perfume is such a feminine staple. It’s another one of those soft but strong perfume. It’s mild scent lingers long after the first application, it’s amazing. It is also another one that guys just seem to adore. When asked why they loved it: “It just smells really soft, it catches me every time!”

Victoria’s Secret Victoria

This is one of the newer additions to Victoria’s Secret perfumes. It’s described as “A sparkling blend of red berries, Victoria rose and crème brûlée.” Doesn’t sound too bad, does it? That’s because it’s not, many Victoria’s Secret perfumes tend to be a little bit too overwhelming and strong but this one has just the perfect balance of feminine goodness.

Boyfriend by Kate Walsh 

“Inspired by the longing felt for her boyfriend’s warm scent, Boyfriend combines muguet, dark plum, myrrh and night blooming jasmine to create a seductive floral fragrance.” If your single or taken this a great scent to have on stock, eventhough it’s a scent designed to smell like your boyfriend for some reason guys fall in love with this seductive musky perfume.   

Miss Dior 

It is the essence of all that is royal and classy. “The fragrance is inspired by love and romance. Miss Dior is an audacious chypre with a citrusy freshness and a jasmine heart.” Do I need to say anything else? 

Narciso Rodriguez for her 

I couldn’t have described this perfume better than Sephora did! And I quote “A journey into a heart of musk with all its multiple facets. A mysterious essence for an unforgettable woman graced with sophistication and femininity. The blend of floral, amber, and woody notes expresses a subtle elegance that captures the senses and leaves a timeless tender trail.” 

None of the photos used are our own. 

Junior majoring in Biology, future ER physician. Born and raised in New York. Lover of baking, Beyoncé albums, family and everything pink!