Outfit Tips For A Comfortable and Fashionable Flight

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Traveling can be stressful- but it doesn’t mean you have to look like a slob! Follow our tips for a comfortable (and fashionable!!) flight. 

1. Wear Lots of Layers

Aerie

Trust us, layers are your friends! Sitting down for hours at a time can be very uncomfortable, so making sure you can move around and breathe easily is a must. Airplane/airports can get very hot or very cold at times, so layers will have you covered (no pun intended)! Take a few off if you get hot, or pile a few back on if you get cold. Plus the more things you wear, the more space you have in your suitcase. 

2. Bring a Scarf

American Apparel

Not only can scarves can make a simple outfit look put together, but they can also double as blankets, and even as pillows! Just bring one, trust us. 

3. Rock Leggings or Sweats

VS Pink

We can’t imagine anything worse than trying to sleep upright while wearing tight skinny jeans. Leggings and sweats can be dressed up, so you can be comfortable without sacrificing fashion. Enough said. 

4. Wear Comfy Shoes

Old Navy

Chances are you’ll be walking around a lot, especially if you have layovers in big airports! Wear shoes that won’t give you blisters and are easy to take off and slip back on after security check. 

5. Bring Fuzzy Socks

Bath and Body Works

We’d rather not walk barefoot through nasty airport security checks, so socks are a definite essential. If you want to be extra comfy during your flight, pack a pair of fuzzy socks so you can kick your shoes off during the plane ride and not be exposed to the cold or to yucky germs. 

Happy travels!

Deborah is a junior at the University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez. She was born in Puerto Rico and raised on the other side of the world. Deborah is a self proclaimed beauty blogger and loves watching recipe videos and Full House reruns for hours at a time. You can probably find her making bento boxes or trying to be mysterious.
Her Campus at UPRM