La Cueva’s 11th Anniversary

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

El Café Colegial, also known as La Cueva de Tarzán, has finally opened again! After being closed for a month and a half, it has been inaugurated with brand new tables, furniture, and even a new floor! While we would’ve been perfectly happy with La Cueva just opening and being able to drink our coffee and enjoy the space as usual, they organized a super fun three-event celebration.

First of all was the inauguration, which was held at la Hora Universal, where everyone was greeted with free cake and sparkling grape juice, as well as a nice greeting by the bosses. Chorium also made an appearance and blessed us with a beautiful performance. Also, Enrique Betancourt was recognized for his great work with La Cueva. After the usual protocol and the speeches, everyone just enjoyed the cake, each other’s company, and the fact that we finally got La Cueva back.  

At 3:00 PM, the second event was an improv show by TeatRUM which was hosted by Ashley Carrero. To be honest, there was nobody better to host it, Ashley’s naturally funny personality made this show super enjoyable and funny. The TeatRUM actors weren’t far behind and they were absolutely hilarious. One of the many sketches they did was one that they had to pretend they had the most senseless jobs in the world and they had to work random phrases into their monologues, which were written by the audience in a piece of paper, and it was absolutely hysterical. The show was really edgy and truly entertaining. This was especially becoming as Ashley, as long as plenty of TeatRUM performers throughout La Cueva’s 11 years, have been employees of Colegio’s signature coffee spot. 

Last, but certainly not least, at 7:00 PM began the Karaoke night. The evening was filled with beautiful songs, some were pretty depressing yet amazing, and a rather impressive number of great performances. Especially one from a mystery guy whose voice was so impressive, when he left, we were all genuinely sad. Nonetheless, it was a really fun event as the previous ones.

If you didn’t go to La Cueva’s Anniversary this year, be sure to go next year, you’ll have a lot of fun, trust me!

*Photos taken by: Brenda Flores and Alanis Font.

English Major at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus. With a minor in Comunications and a minor in Marketing. Interested in all things entertainment and pop culture. Passionate writer and aspiring journalist. Former Campus Correspondent at HC UPRM. 
Her Campus at UPRM