The Internet’s Best Reactions to #AsambleaRUM

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Thumbnail image via Pulso Estudiantil.

Yesterday’s assembly was looking good. Real good. Nearly 3,000 students were accounted for during the first hour of the assembly, which started shortly after 6:00 pm.

A lot was at stake today. With the UPR-RP voting for a strike in their assembly, which took place yesterday, UPRM students were actually excited and interested about this assembly. Student participation had reached unimaginable levels….and then *some dumb* people started talking, and things went down south real quick TBH:

Some people were pessimistic about the ordeal from the very start:

It all started with the National Assembly, which students were contesting back and forth for over two hours:

And TBH, some people had totally valid and important questions they wanted to ask:

At some point during the eternally damning assembly, morale hit an all-time low:

The Lord is testing me today! #JesusTakeTheWheel

#RealTalk

In a nutshell, people were pissed and the assembly quickly became known as #PapelonRUM:

People were waiting in line for hours for a speaking turn they never received, and everyone was totally over the 75 enmiendas that were presented within the first hour:

To be fair, some people were more chill about the enmiendas than others:

Right on, hippie dude! That’s the attitude! #PeaceAndLove

At some point, even an American exchange student spoke up against la Fiscal Control Board and people were like:

People were done with the asamblea and the pointless back and forth. Even La Gata de BIOL was sick of all of the nonsense:

And the crappy sound system had 90% of all UPRM students in the coliseum like:

Seriously, where is the lie?

And then, the moment that left all of us shook for all of the wrong reasons:

“Moción para crear una campaña en las redes sociales con el hashtag TeamRubioporTeamPuertoRico.”

In conclusion:

Needless to say, we were mostly disappointed by this assembly…

Daysha is a coffee addict and a graduate student in the UPRM's English Education program. She's a Type A personality who's not afraid of kicking some butt in order to reach her goals. Daysha enjoys piña coladas, getting caught in the rain, playing video games, and watching Gilmore Girls marathons (whenever she's not working hard on her thesis.)
Claudia is a witchy English Literature and International Affairs major from La Parguera. She's worked in various on-campus projects, such as the MayaWest Writing Project and as a tutor at the English Writing Center. In addition, she's worked at Univision and has also been published in El Nuevo Día and El Post Antillano. When she doesn't have her nose in a book, you can find Claudia tweeting something snarky and pushing boundaries as a Beyoncé expert. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram, @clauuia.