How to Deal with Valentine’s Day If You’re Single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Valentine’s day is around the corner and if you are single you don’t necessarily need to spend it alone it can also be with some other single friends. So don’t worry here are some tips for all those single people out there that want to have a blast on Valentines Day.

1. Treat yourself:

What a better way to spend this day treating and loving yourself. You can buy your favorite food or candy. Go shopping buy yourself something that you want, or you can do whatever your heart desires to do as long as you are treating yourself.

2. Spend time with your family and/or friends:

Spending it with the people that you love the most sounds like a great idea. If you live alone then it’s good to spend it with your other single friends and if you live with your parents then it’s good to share some time with them as well.

3. Wear something that makes you feel confident:

You don’t need to dress to impress anyone, you can just wear whatever you want as long as it can be something that can make you feel good about yourself.

4. Pamper yourself:

What a better way than to spend this day taking care of yourself. Self care is really important, you can take this moment to relax from stress and take a break from college for a while.

5. Have a movie or show marathon by yourself:

If you don’t want to spend much money or go out to a specific place then having a marathon of your favorite movies or shows does not sound like a bad idea. You can make yourself your favorite snacks while you enjoy this time of being by yourself.

6. Have a party with yourself or with some friends:

If you and your friends don’t want to go out the best thing you guys can do is to play some of your favorite songs and dance/ sing your heart out. What a better way to enjoy yourself.

Autro: These are some simple tips that you can follow if you want to do something on Valentines Day if you are single. You don’t necessarily need to do something on this day, being with yourself and taking care of you that is simply enough. Just don’t forget to love yourself, that is very important because self love is first. Overall, enjoy doing whatever your heart desires and don’t let anyone stop you from having fun.

My name is Angelique Matos, most people call me Angie and I am from Cabo Rojo. I am an English major on my third year studying linguistics and I have an obsession with fashion and makeup.
Fabiola del Valle is 22 y/o English Lit. major studying at UPRM. She currently holds the position of Campus Correspondent and karaoke queen.