halloween costumes enneagram types?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
halloween costumes enneagram types?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Scott Yamano/NETFLIX © 2020
Style > Fashion

Halloween Costume Ideas: Channeling Iconic Female Characters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Halloween night is the perfect runway, and it happens to be in a month. This is the best amount of time to plan out and find everything you need to make the perfect outfit. Here are some ideas for costumes combining strength, style and a dash of supernatural that will make you stand out and make you feel confident. Never forget that you can modify them to give them your own spin, be safe and have fun!

1. Gracie Hart (Miss Congeniality)

If you want to be a spy this year, why not go for one of the most iconic ones ever. Although all her outfits were amazing,  the one you can take inspiration from is the one that appears in the movie poster. Dress in an evening gown paired with a concealed firearm holster. Complete the look with a sparkling tiara and a dash of sassiness. Not only does she fight crime, but she looks great doing it! You will be the best-looking spy.

2. Elaine (The Love Witch)

This witch is like no other, this will ensure that you don’t look like a basic witch. One of the most beautiful is Elaine. Most “witches” are dark and goth, so if you’re looking for something a bit more colorful, this is for you. This one allows you to be extra creative with the clothing. Dress in ’60s-inspired clothing with a vintage twist, add a witch’s hat and carry around a love potion bottle to complete the bewitching look. Anyone who looks your way will be put under your spell.

3. Buffy (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

Every time you see her, she is truly slaying in every way possible. To create this ensemble, opt for a leather jacket, a white tank top, and some combat boots. Accessorize with a toy stake and a cross necklace, and don’t forget to add some smokey eye makeup to complete the look. Ready to steal a vampire’s heart and kill ’em with your style.

4. Princess Kida Kidagakash (Atlantis: The Lost Empire)

Although not one of the most known Disney princesses, she still possesses  their beauty, grace, and leadership, as she  is willing to do anything to protect her home and her people. Dress in a regal blue robe adorned with glowing runes, style your hair in Kida’s distinctive white pixie cut and carry a crystal necklace. You’ll be one of a kind, just like Kida.

5. Fiona (Shrek)

As an iconic 2000s character, this one might be a bit of a cheat, you can either dress as her classic green ogre look or her princess attire. No matter which one you pick, don’t forget her signature red hair, a tiara and feisty attitude. She may not be your ordinary princess, but nothing ordinary ever stood out.

6. Tiffany (Chucky)

For a twist of horror and humor, dress up as Tiffany, the infamous bride of Chucky. Do a white dress, add stitches, and a bride’s veil. For this one, you could add blood to add extra horror. If you want an extra prop, dress your partner/ significant other as your groom Chucky. A toy knife to complete the murderous yet glamorous look.

7. The Corpse Bride

Embrace the dark and whimsical world of Tim Burton’s “The Corpse Bride” by wearing  a tattered wedding dress (look for something with a vintage lace overlay for that ethereal vibe), wear a veil, add blue body paint or makeup for that eerie look, and carry around a bouquet of dead flowers. You will stand out with a haunting beauty. 

💚 Writer 🤍 Favorite book : “The Love Hypothesis”