Future Veterinarian: Alexandra Cebollero

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Alexandra Cebollero is a energetic stylish girl with  beautiful long hair and a pretty smile that you undoubtedly have seen around campus. This dreamer girl knows what she wants and how to get it. She possess the ability to maintain balance in order to have excellent grades and spend time with her loved ones and friends. She has a great sense of humor and a contagious happiness that will make your day.  Alexandra’s love for  animals led her to  her goal, that is to some day be a great veterinarian. Keep reading to meet this future doctor! 

Name: Alexandra Michelle Cebollero

Age: 22     

Major: Biology

Year: Senior

Hometown: Ponce

Single or taken: Taken

Dream Job: Veterinary Medicine

HCUPRM: Favorite food:

A.C:  I am a FOOD ENTHUSIAST. I love it all!

HCUPRM: Perfect date:

A.C:There is nothing more exciting than an unexpected and out of the ordinary date. SURPRISE ME :D The wine is a MUST…

HCUPRM: Secret talent:

A.C:Horseback riding.

HCUPRM: One thing you want to do before you die:  

A.C:Travel the most places possible. There is nothing more exciting and intriguing than discovering other cultures and meeting new people.

HCUPRM: Who is your celebrity crush?

A.C:LEONARDO DICAPRIO

HCUPRM: What do you look on a guy?

A.C:Definitely spontaneity, intelligence, “a go-getter”, honesty and a best friend. 

HCUPRM: Favorite Hangout:

A.C: I really enjoy daytime hangouts, especially if it includes the beach or sightseeing. I cherish spending my mornings in a coffee shop and my evenings with a glass of wine and a wonderful view.

HCUPRM: Describe yourself briefly:

A.C: Besides being an animal lover, I am an energetic girl with a good sense of humor. Sometimes shy, but most of the time cheerful. I am definitely a dreamer and determined with what I want in life. On the other side, I am a sensitive and emotional person when it comes to caring for animals. I value friendship and most of all family; there is nothing I appreciate more than spending my time with my loved ones. My biggest guilty pleasure is being a bit of a shopaholic.

HCUPRM: Which place would you like to travel?

A.C: India, Greece, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Barcelona… The list is endless…

HCUPRM: How you spend your free time?

A.C: My free time is well spent: Family + Friends+ fun + food + drinks + anytime + anywhere…. And I love my naps 

HCUPRM: What are your plans after graduation? 

A.C:Veterinary School

HCUPRM: Why you choose this profession as your goal? 

A.C:I believe this profession should be practiced by someone who truly cares for animals and possesses, not only the capacity, but also the heart to strive for their wellbeing. It pleases me so much to see them wiggle their tails or purr from contentment. Not long ago, I was able to have the experience of saving a life. This made me feel even more determined that I am on the right track and that this is the career for me.

HCUPRM: Which is your favorite animal? 

A.C: Hmm… I don’t think I have an exact answer for that, but if I had to choose, my top three would be dolphin, horse, and dog.  

HCUPRM: Besides caring for the health of them, what else you would like to accomplish for the well-being of the animals?  In Puerto Rico, there is an overpopulation of stray dogs and cats in the streets. I aspire to one day help reduce the number of these unfortunate beings living in these conditions and improve their quality of life. I aim to create conscience and responsibility in people for the caring of animals. As a veterinary doctor I see myself a lot closer in achieving this goal.

HCUPRM: Best College experience: First year of college… countless stories, great friends and unforgettable experiences.

HCUPRM: UPRM boys are better because… most of them are free-spirited, humble and down to earth.