Campus Cutie Gone Surfing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Remember that time you were tanning at the beach and suddenly saw a handsome surfer in the water? What you probably saw is this week’s Campus Cutie Luis Guillermo best know as  Luigie. Aside from being dedicated to his school work, he has a passion for surfing especially along the west coast of the island.  Read more about Luigie to find out what he looks for in a girl and his plans for the future! 

Name: Luis Guillermo Irizarry Lopez

Year: 4th year

Age: 20

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Hometown: Ponce

Celebrity crush: Gisele Bundchen, Blake Lively and Gaby Espino.

Blondes or brunettes? I love them all!

HCUPRM: When and why did you start surfing?

I started surfing in 2010 when I was in high school. As soon as I started learning more about it hooked me plus a close friend of mine was starting around that time and didn’t have company so I joined him.

HCUPRM: Aside from surfing, what else do you like to do?

I love exercising. In my free time, if I’m not too tired, I try to take a couple of minutes to jog or do bodyweight exercises. I try to stay healthy and fit. If not, I’m sleeping. I sleep a lot!

HCUPRM: Where do you see yourself after graduation?

Well, I’m planning to do my master’s degree in some field related to mechanical engineering. Let’s see what happens…

HCUPRM: How do you visualize your life in 10 years?

In ten years I hope to be some place near the beach, thinking about my next trip and obviously with a hottie. Let’s forget about the kids and the jobs for know.

HCUPRM: Which class do you feel that you dominate? In which one have you struggled the most?

This answer is sort of an irony because I used to be very good at math but, after my first two precalculus exams, I knew I wasn’t that good! At least I finished my math courses last semester! It was very challenging but I did it.

HCUPRM: What has been your best college experience?

These past years have been filled with great memories and experiences but during the first semester of my second year was definitely the peak. It wasn’t my best semester academically, but it was socially. I had so many good experiences that semester…I can be talking about it for hours.

HCUPRM: Where could someone typically find you hanging out?

I visit the beaches near Mayaguez very often. At night people may find me in Downtown Mayaguez enjoying a couple of beers.

HCUPRM: Describe your perfect date.

Red wine, delicious food, good music and last but not least, mind-blowing sex.

HCUPRM: What do you look for in UPRM girls?

In my opinion, independent, intelligent and confident girls are quite sexy. They are usually hot but not easy to handle. They may give you a headache but I can guarantee that it will be worth it.

HCUPRM: What’s more important: physical qualities or personality?

You just have to find a balance. You don’t want to kiss an unattractive person or take an airhead to your parents, do you?

Junior majoring in Biology, future ER physician. Born and raised in New York. Lover of baking, Beyoncé albums, family and everything pink!