This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

By Valeria Martinez and Alanys Santiago

On May 20 of 2022, Harry Made history one more time with the release of his third album, Harry’s House. The album has already broken records. As told by iMore, Harry surpassed Kendrik Lamar’s record in Apple Music in just 2 hours. Without any doubt, Harry’s House came out to be a part of this Summer. The vibes and style are playful, chill, and happy (except Matilda and Little Freak—those two are for crying). Let’s dig a little deeper and review album tracks one by one. 

​​Music for a Sushi Restaurant

“Music for a Sushi Restaurant” was the perfect song to begin the album with. The vibes are so uplifting and happy. It makes you want to start dancing to it while feeling like the main character. In terms of the lyrics, it is quite simple; its strength falls in its rhythm and the emotions it provokes. Also, I am sure all of us want to go on a sushi date while listening to it.

Best Lyrics: If the stars were edible/ And our hearts were never full/ Could we live with just a taste?

Late Night Talking

“Late Night Talking” really does have the vibes for a perfect night talk while on a ride with the windows down and looking at the reflections of the lights. The vibes are also incredibly uplifting, adding to the simple yet great lyrics. It might even make you think about those special late night talks you’ve already had. 

Best Line: Now you’re in my life/ I can’t get you off my mind

Grapejuice

“Grapejuice” is quite distinctive and unique in terms of its musicality. The chill vibes it has makes it great for a chill drive. Also his voice sounds amazing on it, specially with that 1,2,3 at the beginning. 

Best Lyrics: There’s just no getting through/ Without you

As It Was

“As It Was” is simply one of the best songs from this year. Everything on it is amazing. The emotions it makes you feel, its musicality, lyrics, and beats are a 10/10. Being the lead single of Harry’s House, “As It Was” prepared us for what to expect from the album. This song manages to have some sad lyrics with one of the most danceable and energetic beats ever. And the bridge is so full of energy and dopamine that it’s amazing. A true work of art. 

Best Line: In this world, it’s just us/ You know it’s not the same as it was

Daylight

“Daylight” has perfect chill summer vibes. The song is tender, and it has some pretty lyrics. What I like about this song is that it tells a story where he talks about how the daylight sort of separates him from his lover. 

Best Lyrics: If I was a bluebird/ I would fly to you

Little Freak

“Little Freak” reminded me a lot of Harry’s 1D era. The song is soft and sweet, complementing  Harry’s voice perfectly. It makes you think about that person you might be missing and still think about. The lyrics “I’m not worried about where you are, or who you will go home to. I’m just thinking about you” are so beautiful and make me all emotional. 

Best Lyrics: I’m not worried about where you are/ Or who you will go home to/ I’m just thinking about you

Matilda

“Matilda” has to be the saddest and most emotional song from the whole album. It is beautiful, yet melancholic at the same time. The lyrics are absolutely heartbreaking and evoke all sorts of emotions from how relatable yet painful they can be. Harry’s voice complements the soft guitar sounds; it’s as soft and sweet as honey. When he says “You don’t have to be sorry for leaving and growing up”, it feels almost as if he is comforting you and hugging you from having made the right decision and not feeling guilty. A true masterpiece. 

Best Lyrics: You don’t have to be sorry for leaving and growing up

Cinema

Listening to this song for the first time was shocking since I went from crying with “Matilda” to vibing with “ Cinema”. It has a sexy tone to it with its groovy style, and it also has an amazing summer feeling to it.

Best lyrics: You got, you got the cinema/ I bring the pop to the cinema

Daydreaming

“Daydreaming” has such a good upbeat tempo that is the highlight of the song. It talks about love and how it makes you feel on a daydream, so I think that is something we can all relate to. 

Best Lyrics: So give me all of your love, give me something to dream about

Keep Driving

“Keep Driving” has some of the most interesting and weird lyrics in the whole album. It makes you go wild with your imagination trying to connect the dots and make up a story. The song is fun and clever at the same time. It is a perfect song to listen to while you just keep driving.

Best Lyrics: I would ask, Should we just keep driving?

Satellite

“Satellite” is beautiful and melancholic all at once. On one hand, the beat and musicality is uplifting and danceable, but on the other the lyrics are bittersweet and relatable to all of those that are waiting for a person to come back into their lives because they still love them.

Best Lyrics: I can see you’re lonely down there/ Don’t you know that I am right here?/ Spinnin’ out, waitin’ for ya

Boyfriends

“Boyfriends” perfectly expresses the toxic and never-ending cycle of being with a boyfriend that mistreats you and doesn’t value you. It is heartbreaking, but at the same time, it makes you think. 

Best Lyrics: Boyfriends/ They think you’re so easy/ They take you for granted

Love of My Life

“Love of My Life” is perfect to close the album in a bittersweet way. The lyrics are devastating and sad since they talk about the right person at the wrong time. How it talks about that person being the love of their life even though they are not there anymore is heartbreaking yet beautiful. It made me immediately think of Mia and Sebastian from La La Land. And the ending notes on the piano are absolutely mesmerizing and fit beautifully to end the album. 

Best Lyrics: Baby, you were the love of my life, woah/ Maybe you don’t know what’s lost till you find it

In only 41 minutes and 48 seconds, Harry made us feel all sorts of emotions. This album will definitely be a part of this Summer 2022. Harry truly never fails to disappoint us with his talent, creativity, and amazing personality. He really is the love of our lives. 

Valeria Martinez is a senior writer at Her Campus UPRM. This is her fourth year on Her Campus. She focuses on writing about popular culture, social issues, and mental health. She also completed an internship with Her Campus Media. Beyond Her Campus, Valeria is a Digital Marketing intern for Puerto Rico Wire Group. She also interned for the non-profit organization Thirst Project, managing their socials and creating content for them. One of her poems is to be published in Sabanas Bilingual Magazine. She currently works as a Digital Marketing intern. Valeria is an English Literature undergraduate student also doing a minor in Writing and Communications at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus. In her free time, Valeria loves going to the beach, reading, the movies, and cafe hopping. She is also a musical enthusiast and theatre kid who can't go out most of the time because "she's got practice." Her ultimate goal is to become a Journalist focusing on Latin Communities. She plans to move to NYC to Graduate School at the Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism at the City University of New York next year.
Her Campus at UPRM