This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Halloween is just around the corner, and some of us might be a little unmotivated to celebrate this holiday. Don’t fear! We have created a list of 6 things you can do to get into the Halloween spirit.

1. Blast spooky music 

If you love listening to music, then listening to Halloween music is one of the best ways to get into that Halloween spirit. The best part about this idea is that you can listen to Halloween songs while completing tasks throughout the day. Songs like “This is Halloween ” by Credence Clearwater Revival and “Ghostbusters Theme” by Ray Parker Jr will definitely get you excited about Halloween.  

1. Create “Spooky Baskets” for your loved ones

Spooky Baskets are a great idea to share the Halloween mood with others. The Spooky Basket can contain anything from candy and snacks to any personalized gift of your choice. There’s only one rule: make it spooky! One of the greatest things about making a Spooky Basket is that you can make it affordable. A lot of people buy the majority of the supplies in their local dollar store. There isn’t really an exact way to make these baskets, so just be creative!

1. Scary movies anyone?

Watching scary movies has to be one of the funnest and exciting ways to get into the Halloween spirit. I can admit that Halloween is a great time to host a spooky movie marathon. Nothing sounds better than gathering a couple of friends and getting snacks before enjoying a scary movie. If scary movies aren’t your thing, you can always just watch regular Halloween movies. Those are just as exciting and fun!

1. Light fall candles 

Lighting a candle can lighten any mood. Cozying up with a book and a cup of tea, surrounded by the pumpkin spice latte aroma of a candle. This is a great idea if you are a person that likes to chill and just wants to be cozy while feeling those fall vibes.

1. Decorate your home 

Decorating your home for Halloween can get you in the mood for some trick or treating and motivate you to watch some scary movies. By adding some spooky garlands or some sparkly pumpkins, your home can have those fall vibes we see on Instagram. 

1. Bake festive goodies

What is better than smelling freshly baked cookies? Eating them. Having that sweet and bitter flavor of chocolate chip cookies coupled with a glass of cold milk will get you into the Halloween spirit. Bake some spooky cookies for your friends and family while you cuddle up watching Hocus Pocus.

Yabriami L. González serves as the Secretary for the Association of HER Campus at UPRM. In this role, she meticulously organizes documents, manages attendance records, and oversees all administrative paperwork for the organization. As a senior, Yabriami brings her dedication and attention to detail to her responsibilities within the association. Beyond her involvement in the Association of Political Science, Yabriami initially joined Her Campus as a writer, contributing articles on lifestyle, food, and politics. Currently engaged in two investigative projects aligned with her field of study in political science, she demonstrates a passion for research and analysis. Yabriami is a senior at UPRM, majoring in Political Science. Her academic pursuits are complemented by her active engagement in extracurricular activities and professional development. In her leisure time, Yabriami indulges in her favorite pastimes of reading, dancing, swimming, and enjoying the beach. Her diverse interests and commitment to her studies and organizations make her a dynamic and valued member of the university community.
An aspiring med student that wants to interact more with women in her field. Although I don't write as often, i like to collaborate with my peers in order to see different mindsets. I love to read, along with doing community service.