5 Ways to Stay Productive This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

It is the beginning of a new semester,  full of possibilities and opportunities. However, it probably isn’t the first one you have promised yourself to do better, work harder or  procrastinate less, and you have probably failed. It happens to everyone, so I did some research on the best ways to stay productive so this semester can have a different outcome. Here are some suggestions!

1. Declutter

They say a cluttered space leads to a cluttered mind. Having a clean space where to study can really help you concentrate and be your most productive self.

2. Make a list of things to do, and STICK TO IT!

Making To-Do lists can be deceiving, it can make us feel like we are being productive when we’re really not. But if we make a list of the things we need to do and divide our time evenly for studying and entertainment, these lists can be really helpful. It’s all a matter of sticking to our plan.

3. Meal Prep

Planning and making your meals ahead of time is a way to save money and time. Instead of wasting time having no idea of what to eat and having to prepare or going to buy that food, cooking yourself can help you eat healthier and get started on your assignments sooner.

4. No Multitasking

When you try to do many things at once quality suffers and you’re most likely to take more time doing it all at once.

5. Identify time-wasting habits

Find out what is making you waste so much time that it’s not letting you get your work done. Once you do try to avoid them, you can figure out a reward system that works for your situation.

English Major at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus. With a minor in Comunications and a minor in Marketing. Interested in all things entertainment and pop culture. Passionate writer and aspiring journalist. Former Campus Correspondent at HC UPRM. 
Claudia is a witchy English Literature and International Affairs major from La Parguera. She's worked in various on-campus projects, such as the MayaWest Writing Project and as a tutor at the English Writing Center. In addition, she's worked at Univision and has also been published in El Nuevo Día and El Post Antillano. When she doesn't have her nose in a book, you can find Claudia tweeting something snarky and pushing boundaries as a Beyoncé expert. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram, @clauuia.