The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Beauty trends are always a growing movement towards healthy and glowing skin. From facial steamers to exfoliating brushes, we are always seeking the perfect tool we can add to our beauty routine. If you are still searching for that tool like us, we have created a list of 5 trending beauty tools that you must try.  After all, they are trending for a reason. 

Facial Ice Rollers

This beauty tool has been popping around TikTok like crazy. You might think rubbing ice on your face is odd, but it can help with morning face puffiness and skin redness. Moreover, a lot of TikTok skincare gurus have been using other liquid ingredients, instead of plain water, in the ice roller for more skin benefits. It is for sure a great pick me up on those groggy mornings! Make sure to wet the ice before placing it on your face in order for it to glide smoothly. Otherwise, it could irritate the skin!

Here is a link to an Ice Roller on amazon, but there are tons of options. There are different shapes, colors, and sizes. 

Plus, here are some TikToks about the tool and its uses: 

TikTok Face Icing Product 

TikTok Face Icing Recipe Options 

Silicone Facial cleansing Brushes

Most of us have seen tons of cleansing brushes. However, the most popular ones are the ones with brush bristles that spin. These bristles can be harsh on one’s skin and damage the skin barrier. That’s why silicone brushes are a better option and help efficiently cleanse the skin in a gentle manner. Not only that, but bristle brushes tend to retain humidity and bacteria, while silicone does not create a happy environment for these germs. Thus, the brushes with bristles might make you break out more instead of helping your skin. 

Here is an example of a silicone facial brush product on amazon.

Gua Sha

At this point, you’ve probably heard of the famous Gua Sha. If you haven’t, now is your chance to learn about this magnificent tool that originates from traditional Chinese medicine. The Gua Sha is a natural alternative therapy that involves massaging and pulling your skin to improve your circulation. This tool also breaks up the tension due to stagnation from water retention, muscle tightness, and other congestion. Although the Gua Sha can be used all over the body, it is mainly used for the face. 

Although you can find the Gua Sha in many places, it is better to buy them from Asian-owned businesses. Here’s a link to one.

Ice Roller

Ice rollers are exactly what they sound like. They are a facial tool that is typically kept in the fridge that is used to massage your face throughout the day. There are numerous kinds of ice-rollers on the market, ranging from stainless steel to plastic. This tool is very easy to use and has increased in popularity throughout the months. Some of the benefits of using an ice roller are more obvious than others. This tool is mainly used for depuffing and reducing inflammation. Yet, many people use it just for the cooling effect that wakes them up during the morning. Others claim that using an ice roller helps your skin absorb skincare products better. Although there isn’t any scientific evidence for the benefits of using face rollers, we can not deny the increase in popularity. 

Here’s a link to a very popular Ice roller.

Sculpting Bar

The sculpting bar is an up-and-coming vibrating beauty tool that has increased in popularity slowly. This beauty tool does exactly what you think it does: sculpt your face. It is said that massaging this tool into your skin it’ll make your face appear more sculpted, as well as create a smoother surface for makeup application. If you’re looking to instantly de-puff and firm your skin with minimal effort, then this may be the beauty tool for you. Some of the benefits of using this tool are to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as many other anti-aging properties to help you achieve a more youthful look. 

If you want to give this tool a try, here’s a link to an affordable sculpting bar

Daniella Angueira is currently completing a bachelor's in English and a minor in Writing and Communications. She loves baking, savory foods and is always looking to try something new. One would usually find her studying, eating, or planning her next life goals.
Yabriami L. González serves as the Secretary for the Association of HER Campus at UPRM. In this role, she meticulously organizes documents, manages attendance records, and oversees all administrative paperwork for the organization. As a senior, Yabriami brings her dedication and attention to detail to her responsibilities within the association. Beyond her involvement in the Association of Political Science, Yabriami initially joined Her Campus as a writer, contributing articles on lifestyle, food, and politics. Currently engaged in two investigative projects aligned with her field of study in political science, she demonstrates a passion for research and analysis. Yabriami is a senior at UPRM, majoring in Political Science. Her academic pursuits are complemented by her active engagement in extracurricular activities and professional development. In her leisure time, Yabriami indulges in her favorite pastimes of reading, dancing, swimming, and enjoying the beach. Her diverse interests and commitment to her studies and organizations make her a dynamic and valued member of the university community.