5 Of the Best Treats from the Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Part of what makes the holidays so great are the enjoyable treats you can share with your friends and family. Here’s a list of our top Christmas snacks you’re sure to love!

1. Gingerbread Men

This is a great bonding experience activity: baking and decorating your unique gingerbread men with your family and friends. Trust us, this makes for a fun and delicious treat!

2. Coquito

There’s a reason coquito is almost every Puerto Rican’s favorite holiday drink: it’s simply delicious. With different flavors to choose from, coquito is a must have at any holiday event. This drink is made with coconut milk, condensed milk, egg yolks, vanilla, and with or without rum. With exotic flavors ranging from Nutella, pistachio, chocolate, pumpkin, etc., there’s bound to be an option that you’re sure to love.

3. Turrón

If you haven’t tried this traditional snack, you have to. This sweet treat can range from being hard and crunchy, to soft and chewy.  It’s unique nutty flavor is the reason why it’s a Christmas cult classic. It’s not always seen at your typical Christmas event, but when it makes an appearance, it won’t disappoint.

4. Hot Chocolate

With the nights getting “colder,” there’s nothing better to warm you up than putting on your most comfortable pajamas and lying on the  couch drinking delicious hot chocolate.

5. Royal Dansk Cookies

This may be the only time of year that these cans contain these timeless, mouth-watering butter cookies and not your grandmother’s sewing kit. Not only are they tasty, but they also require no effort at all, so if you’re feeling lazy you can still enjoy them. Simple and effective.

♡ Marketing Major working towards a minor in Graphic Design ♡
English Major at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus. With a minor in Comunications and a minor in Marketing. Interested in all things entertainment and pop culture. Passionate writer and aspiring journalist. Former Campus Correspondent at HC UPRM.