What to Do On Your Birthday According to Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Birthday celebrations have been around for a very long time, but it all started with the Egyptians. Historians have found that birthday rituals started around 3000 B.C.E.; performed for the pharaohs. Nevertheless, these Egyptian birthdays did not mean the literal birth date of the pharaoh, but rather the day he was crowned, the day he transformed into a god. 

So, as we can see, birthdays have been a big deal for many cultures throughout the centuries, and we still carry these traditions today, though in different ways. Birthdays are that once-a-year opportunity that someone has to celebrate their life, to have the special permission to dedicate an entire day to themselves.

Most of the time though, birthdays can be a bit stressful. Pressure adds on as we try to think of ideas on how to celebrate such an occasion, to the extent that we can often get discouraged and end up not planning anything. But this dilemma ends now. I took the liberty of asking twelve different friends, each one of a different zodiac sign, to tell me what they would love to do on their birthday.  Here are some ideas on how to celebrate your special day based on your zodiac sign, so that you can celebrate it like the goddess/god that you are:

1. ARIES

Ambitious, competitive, and passionate, this fire sign told me they would love to spend their birthday by hosting a Field Day with all their closest friends, with games like Sack race, Water Balloon Toss, and the Egg-and-Spoon Race. It’s a fun way to celebrate while also remembering old high school activities.

fmHokK8aGKFQSNIJiAUCnnofl4YVWOTORu4RnCLnp8vmpZ mTsGrOvTIvop14xCI sq9j49Q8A01O Ze87XJwH9FSyr0q9SHuV5O9iSc2bccrdjHCXQjevYtRHuSCAXNLcMtXfKzLMznrEF3Y

2. Taurus

This earth sign loves being the center of attention, and my Taurus friend told me they would love to have a crazy, Katy Perry’s “TGIF” music video style party. So, don’t be afraid to extend an invitation to close and not-so close friends and throw the wildest party you could imagine. You could always ask your guests to bring one thing to split the cost and have the time of your lives. 

3. Gemini

Intellectual and sometimes over-thinker, my Gemini friend could use some relaxing time with a fun, creative activity. This social butterfly would love to make a paint-your-own-ceramic date with all their girlfriends. Prepare a beautiful table outdoors with brushes, paint, and some wine, and have a great time.

aaCpP1W3joFCCog3cB6QK8GWJDjpZXIi3VsRShlYJ jlsNomsPRuEdReNTqtvBPV6SAgLOerJI9sbZUt3Ia d F7kjZFkD3gAsUSXhttRLw5RoNQEkn7ggbnbH5I6fuTmWyIJf0VFjPsfQcsrwMO5vw

4. Cancer

This water sign is an incredible caregiver and loves comfort foods, so they would love to plan an outside dinner, Emily in Paris style, with their close friends and family. Don’t be afraid to make a list of all your favorite foods and share it with your guests so they can all pitch in and bring a delicious treat.

XDgj6lEBvIVbclevKouPK AuUKOP5Jz4w b52LwQLHrEUdLdhwbrfaKdJL HOP1xJd15Vis5

5. Leo

Vivacious, theatrical, and spotlight-loving Leo would adore throwing a themed birthday party. Whether you go for a Great Gatsby, Disco or Hawaiian theme, don’t be afraid to go all out. It’s your time to shine with the best themed costume and take the cutest pictures with all your friends.

lCk9a3nX dbUenkCTMgkKne91LjScsZun65DhoPljllGSwqa7nttihrbQwOCMzD13fUjrM0rQ1wgkNF7hZCN1zWQg3Bi6nw6mi6QgDKeM FCReUNGqVbUIKgZWAosFiqn3s6Hl7WKRfDQGt MHAShsY

6. Virgo

This hard working, perfectionist earth sign deserves a day to relax and be pampered, and what better way to do so than a Spa Day? Virgo would love to treat themselves with one or two close friends and dedicate an entire day to massages and facials. 

idVCQFsepFHIGLixkwl9O0yhXw0E0SVgGydpnrJDfv Yfl3fKJ6HS Y

7. Libra

Libra is all about art and fashion. This air sign with exquisite taste, would have an amazing time at a museum date with their gals. Put on your cutest outfit and go take aesthetic, instagramable pictures in the galleries and expositions, and be sure to remember that you’re the best piece of art of them all. 

9tyvqyWb2KZm59lTqHLuGJWcJU2yfTG GfP8EiQmCOfnyOYwpovJ288RdtcMvtSRjfmqVldIlLB cWQ5DUoJO0oZpGY0xrCk5krED2q0wT5hYH3jst5RdIBCcIhYQe3PAnjRsY5tLKm pjcmhE P1pM

8. Scorpio

Deep-soul and connection seeker Scorpio would adore a café date with their besties and have a book exchange: ask all your friends if they could buy a new copy of their favorite book and exchange them throughout the group. It would be a beautiful way to connect through reading and everyone would leave with a gift. But remember to buy a café pastry, light some candles, and sign happy birthday in a soft, romance-novel type of way. 

tHbe4P3S6ORShPkXvREcMv5Y1QPcmOIAJNpIiGqVUr7lOQ937t DTt nfAcIFt04hH3nMigKT0BjhS8Gg6AQrnrYZN

9. Sagittarius

This intense fire sign desires freedom and adventures, which is why they would love to take their birthday weekend and go camping with friends, and have them sign Happy Birthday under the stars. It would be a celebration to remember.

YY0mgw4qQ7X cFxev7eAJB3riMfry5XnVgF r9a3t3mPT9JPv2W6NehAVeTgE5YgLfYn2PlLonyzv1g k4

10. Capricorn

Trouble-making and outgoing Capricorn would have a blast bar-hopping with their besties and dancing all night. Be sure to put on a tiara or a ribbon that says birthday gal and celebrate with (hopefully) free shots. 

HGOa4DRh2gRyNgvAOg2bRWfHIUmbnkUyNxcTa4u834PGesij f4HtuvF6iOgl0F9lp3MKNFP mzBeDnCpWZ9Q8WlwSkLYQBjssdM0sBb4RcpK KEoQQpGpwY7UWn wADk17TagwPqOnQW NySl45rok

11. Aquarius

Karaoke night is the way to go for this curious, deeply social air sign. Go out with your most party loving friends and sing your heart out at the coolest karaoke bar you can find— be sure to ask for all your favorite songs. Can’t sing? It’s your birthday! Everyone has to clap for you, enjoy it!

vAJqXvQW GIqbJqrjiQPl AxlDnXR4rOpYQzyy7 pOpr9s60mtjvwHgTi 2 YEUA5dmgCuvqwvoVlkdQNpgL1g5AQDe4JliGuMsiM

12. Pisces

Pisces is the dreamy water sign that would have the greatest time planning a picnic with friends and loved ones. They would also love to fly kites during their picnic, letting their souls wander even higher than usual. Put on a cute sundress and have the loveliest of birthdays.

nVnM2whg5IIxaMh3lwOeWd6AvoLgogEazRhXQy5Qyv2Ob dkvA5lywYfsjOagZCGMkZmo8qxvR 6MRGoRBn5d0RLk1E8fwg70a H4lsR8v1i6 elT1V JQud3I5fa2Li31ihD3IHSNV5JgCDTevud9U

These are only a few ideas to choose from. Remember to celebrate your day like it matters. No matter your sign, be sure to go all-out on your b-day this year, Pharaoh worthy style.

Myrangely Méndez is a Comparative Literature and Drama student at UPR, Río Piedras Campus. She loves having a laugh with a good romcom, browse books through Reese Witherspoon's bookclub and daydream about moving to Europe. She hopes to graduate in May 2023 and dedicate her life to writing.