This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

The first book I ever read was Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer. It was 2009 and, after watching New Moon, ten-year-old me needed it to know how it all ended right away. My younger self couldn’t wait more years for the other movies! So she took matters in her own hands and started to read the 894 page book. It took me a week, and I can confidently say that this book is not only the reason that I like reading but also why I read so fast. After that, I read the others in the actual order and had a great time doing it.

A post shared by Twilight memes (@twilightrenaissance) on

I reread them a thousand times. I also read the spin-off The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner a lot. I saw every movie more than ten times, and I read a lot of fanfics about them. But time passed, and I grew out of them. And I realized that maybe they weren’t that good. I found other books to love. But that didn’t stop me from thinking about them with love. After all, thanks to them, I began the journey of being a reader. It also didn’t stop me from buying the 10th-anniversary book and reading the Life and Death Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined genderbending special. It was fun, and it brought back fond memories. But, I never thought that I would be surprised again.

Imagine my surprise when I woke up a few days ago to a tweet explaining that the upcoming release of Midnight Sun was announced on Stephanie Meyer’s official website. This book is a Twilight sequel that tells the events of the OG books from Edward’s point of view. Everyone in the fandom had given up on its release since back in 2008, twelve chapters of the manuscript got leaked. Once this happened, Meyer decided not to publish it… until now. On August 4, a fandom that everyone believed dead will make a comeback, and you better believe that I’ll read that book!

A post shared by Sam The Fangirl (@sam_the_fangirl_) on

So go reread the books and watch the movies. Take a walk through the past. Be ready for a whole book of the iconic depressive Edward Cullen. Let’s make some new Twilight memes together!

Alana is currently in her fifth year, studying Comparative Literature in the UPR Río Piedras Campus. She loves books, superheroes and mythology. Will sing any song that she knows (even if she can't sing to save her life) and is always tired. She dreams with someday writing a book.