These #TweetLikeThe2000s Will Make You Very Nostalgic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Ah, the 2000’s… the years where most of us currently teenagers and young adults grew up watching Disney Channel and wearing puka shell necklaces. I don’t know about you, but I don’t necessarily remember everything about my childhood. So, whenever someone comments and remind me about a trend that occurred back then, I get instant flashbacks and nostalgia, lots of it.

Recently, a hashtag involving these fun times went viral on Twitter… and boy, is it a nostalgic trip. I thought everyone should have a little throwback once in awhile, so here are a few tweets that really make you take a walk down memory lane!

1. When having elastic rubber band bracelets shaped like animals was cool.

2. Drawing this on every notebook and every chalkboard to show off your artistic skills.

3. Getting excited even for a long history documentary because it meant not having to listen to the teacher for an hour.

4. Going online to play these after doing your homework (maybe even before if you felt savage).

5. The struggle of losing these pencil tips and having to ask your classmate for a pencil.

6. Overall, much simpler times indeed.

Some of these tweets are a bit cringey, but really make me proud of my childhood and what I grew up with. I really do recommend you all to scroll down the #TweetLikeThe2000s tweets to find even more of these throwbacks. No matter how much things have changed, we always got to try to remember the good ole days.