Experiences

Thankful for Our Fellow Her Campus Chapters: Theresa From HC Lasell

Theresa is an HC chapter writer at Lasell University in Michigan. She is currently in her second year in University. I asked her a variety of deep emotional icebreakers to get to know a fellow Her Campus member from a different chapter.  

Q:Why did you join Her Campus?

A: I really enjoy writing, and so I was looking for a chance to just explore that passion.

Q: From the articles you’ve written so far, which one is your favorite?

A: I wrote an article about implicit bias in the STEM world. I enjoyed writing that article because it’s something I’m really passionate about. 

Q: Any fun experience you’d like to share?

A: Honestly, we haven’t done any chapter bonding so far due to COVID, so there really aren’t any particular memories I can recall at this moment.

Q: When was the last time you cried?

A: It was last weekend, when I met with some old friends. We hadn’t seen each other in a very long time and it was all very emotional.

Q:What haven’t you done before that you’d like to try?

A: Living on my own. It’s kind of overwhelming and I know that it will happen eventually, but I’d really like living in a different city with my own job.

Q: How do you feel about making mistakes?

A: Bounce back. I’m a perfectionist and I don’t like making mistakes but as long as they don’t lead to extreme consequences, I do my best to learn from them and bounce back.

Q:What’s your worst memory?

A: I think my worst memory took place during the period before the pandemic…My mom’s side of the family is from Wuhan; and, although the pandemic hadn’t spread yet by that point, we were all still pretty worried because they are very old. 

Q: What’s your least favorite food?

A: I’m not a picky eater, but I really don’t like eggplants and some mushrooms. 

Q: What is something you’d like to do this year?

A: As for new years’ resolutions, I’d like to be more social, and make some more friends. My social skills haven’t been the same since the pandemic hit.

Q: Describe what your perfect Sunday would be like.

A: My Sundays are usually spent doing homework, so I’d really like to just sit down, drink a cup of coffee and maybe watch a film with my friends. The best Sunday, for me, is the one where there’s not a lot of movement involved. 

Q: What’s your dream job if money didn’t matter?

A: Being a film critic. I’ve always loved films and people’s different interpretations of them. 

Q: If you could change one thing in your past, what would it be?

A: Two things. In freshman year of high school, I would definitely stop trying to fit in. During my freshman year of college, I would take my classes more seriously, considering the fact that I was way too focused on living the college experience that I let a lot of good academic opportunities pass by.

Q: What’s the dealbreaker that makes you reconsider a relationship?

A: For me, the biggest dealbreaker would be the way they treat their parents. If your parents are nice to you but you treat them horribly, that’s definitely a dealbreaker for me, because I get along well with both my parents and I absolutely love them.

Q: What are you grateful to have in your life today?

A: Nowadays, I’m incredibly grateful for my parents, considering that I haven’t been home in a while and forgot how nice it is to have a home-cooked meal and my room and the house all tidied up, because my apartment is a mess.

Pierucci Aponte is a graduate student at the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus. She is doing her M.A on English Linguistics and has a minor in Communications. When not studying, Pierucci either plays video games or watches movies on Netflix. Although her passion is writing, she hopes to become an educator one day.