Soccer All-Star Cutie: José Gabriel Reyes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

This adventurous and down-to-earth guy always has his head in the game. He has the instinct needed to score and sure knows how to play one-on-one defense against any opponent. He has been selected as the most valuable player on the UPR Soccer Team, and without a doubt has a bright future ahead of him. If you care to know a little bit more about this cutie… meet José Gabriel Reyes!

Name: José Gabriel Reyes
Age: 22
Major: Business-Finance
Graduation Date: May 2014

Tell us about your most recent and biggest accomplishments…
JG: Among my proudest accomplishments have been: winning three times in a row the Liga Interuniversitaria with the UPR men’s soccer team, selected as the MVP in a tournament during one of the victories, and also being the most valuable player now on campus. As for academics, I will obtain my degree in Business this upcoming May 2014.

What are your plans after graduation?
JG:  After graduation I plan to continue graduate studies in Public Healthcare Service at the University of Puerto Rico’s Faculty of Medical Sciences in Río Piedras.

Single or Taken?
JG:  Single

Describe yourself in one word.
JG: Optimist

What qualities do you look for in a woman?
JG:  I don’t have a type per se, but I am attracted to women who are intelligent, confident and have goals for their future. I also love a great smile.

Favorite things to do?
JG:  I love visiting and exploring new places, going to the beach, hanging out, playing poker, taking care of my huertos caseros, and, of course, play soccer.

What is the hardest part about being a student athlete?
JG: I think that the hardest part has to be organizing time wisely to study. It’s not easy to be successful at both.

What’s your most/least favorite body part and why?
JG: My favorite body part would be my legs. Since I have been playing soccer for a long time, I have to give myself a little credit. As for the least favorite body part would be my nose, but only because I have to mention one.

Favorite team and player…
JG: Zinedine Zidane and Real Madrid.

What’s the most important thing a soccer player should know?
JG: Soccer is a team sport, and to have more ability to control the game, the most important thing that a soccer player should know is that in the game every player becomes one. Teamwork is what drives success.

What’s the most exciting thing that you have ever done?
JG: I have had plenty of exciting things in my life, but my absolute favorite has been to step into the Azteca Stadium in Mexico.

If you could have three wishes, what would they be?
JG: Travel to South America, go to a World Cup and visit the Seven Wonders of the World.

Dream place to live?
JG: Argentina or Italy.

Are you in Santa’s naughty or nice list?
JG: Haha! What can I say? I sure hope to be on the nice list…

We think he’ll be sure to stay on the nice list as long he keeps holding on to those adorable puppies! 

Student at the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus. Finance and marketing major and also a soccer player at the university
Suzzette Martinez Malavet is a senior at the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras studying Information and Journalism. She loves photography, shoes, fashion, social media, traveling and exercising outdoors. She has interned at the Capitol of Puerto Rico, Diálogo Digital, Wapa TV, Telemundo Network, U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions and the Corporate Communication/Sales & Marketing Department of the U.S. Mint in DC, but her proudest accomplishment was in Spring 2013 when she founded the very first HC Chapter in Puerto Rico, Her Campus UPR. Suzzette is currently the Chapter Advisor of Her Campus American University, Marymount, William & Mary, and GW. She is also a returning intern this semester at the U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions. This 22-year-old woman is the most career-driven individual you will ever meet. If you want to know a little more about her...if you want to know what makes her tick and what inspires her the most...Unlock the mystery by reading some of her awesome articles!