Meet HCUPR Contributor: Ashley M. Ortiz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

You may not see her this semester in the campus but it’s because she is really awesome! If you want to see her, you’ll have to take a plane because she is in the Disney College Program. Oh! Let’s not forget she is the most loyal contributor… even abroad. Meet Her Campus-UPR real life happy and bubbly fairy godmother, Ashley M. Ortiz:

Name: Ashley M. Ortiz

Age: 19

Classification: Third Year

Favorite Food: Anything Italian (pizza, lasagna, any kind of pasta…)

Major: Human Resources and Supply Chain/Operations Management

Hobbies: Filming and editing YouTube videos, cradling a good book and planning my future (I do that a lot)

Relationship Status: Single (like a Pringle)

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius

HCUPR: How would you describe yourself in three words?

Ashley: Friendly, Humorous and Organized

HCUPR: Do you have a hidden talent?

Ashley: Does being able to edit good videos in less than 30 minutes a talent? I think the only talent I have is how to speak to a camera for more than 4 hours….I need help…

HCUPR: When did you learn to edit videos so fast?

Ashley: When I got my laptop in 2011 I got into the habits of editing videos for school projects and small photo montages for family members. Then, in 2013, I started watching YouTube as a daily thing and that’s where I get ideas and learn a bit of editing techniques.

HCUPR: Do you have a Youtube Channel? What is it about?

Ashley: I do have a channel! It’s about anything and everything! If I go shopping and get lots of stuff, I make a video showing people what I’ve bought and why I love it. I give advice, school or life advice and I love doing it. Maybe I don’t affect a thousand people but even if I just make ONE person laugh, make ONE person think about their future, or make ONE person roll their eyes then I’m doing what I intended! I do some challenges, too.  It’s a fun time and I like to rope my friends in if I can.

HCUPR: That sounds like fun!! Do you have any tips for someone who wants to start their own channel?

Ashley: Do it! I started it as a way to practice my English and to join this amazing community that is YouTube. You learn a lot of stories from making videos and you learn a lot of stuff about yourself. Never be shy about it, ask for help if you want, and remember: NEVER UNDERSTIMATE YOURSELF. A lot of people feel weird cause “they don’t have good cameras” or “good editing software” but it truly doesn’t matter as long as you put effort, love, and spunk into it.

HCUPR: Where do you see yourself in the future?

Ashley: I see myself with an office, in the city, and working for a great company.

HCUPR: What do you look for in a partner?

Ashley: I look for someone who will get me. Help me up when I’m down, applaud my success, buy me sangrias when I’m sad and know when not to change the radio when I’m driving.

HCUPR: What’s your idea of a perfect date?

Ashley: My perfect date entails somebody I could talk to about different things, go out to eat at a nice place or catch a good movie. Maybe going somewhere to just talk. If I’m comfortable and having fun, it’s perfect.

HCUPR: How do you spend most of your free time?

Ashley: I spend it with one of my best friends: Netflix. I also online shop a lot…way too much….

HCUPR: What are some words you live by?

Ashley: “Live like you’re at the bottom even if you’re at the top.” reminds me to stay humble, no matter what.

HCUPR: Who is a person you really admire and why?

Ashley: I admire my mom. It’s a cliché answer and we might bicker a lot but I truly love her. She has taught me extremely valuable lessons that I have taken into my studies and work and have made me the successful person I am now.

Madelyn is an undergraduate Marketing Management student at the University of Puerto Rico- Río Piedras Campus. She is a multitasking genius who can tame Wild beasts while baking cookies. On the pink side of things, she has been a contributor for the UPR chapter since September 2014 and on May 2016 became Campus Correspondent of the UPR chapter.