Glossier Stretch Concealer and Cloud Paint Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

As a fashion and makeup enthusiast, my Instagram feed is full of fashion bloggers who post a ton of vanity pictures featuring skincare and makeup products. One brand that just kept coming up on my feed was Glossier, a cruelty free makeup brand. So I did some research and found nothing but good reviews and recommendations. Their philosophy, so to speak, is essentially: “skin first, makeup second”. They believe skincare to be a kind of priming makeup, so their skincare products aim towards making the skin look dewy and yes, glossy, while their makeup is designed to blend into your skin. I decided to try some of their most renowned products (Glossier’s Stretch Concealer and their Cloud Paint) and let you know the real, unfiltered truth. Here’s what you should know:

1-    A Little Goes a Long Way – This is true for both products, but is especially true for the Cloud Paint. I found the product to be very creamy and light, and easily applied onto the skin. Don’t worry about having the proper utensil or brush for it; a good ol’ finger is the ideal tool to apply this product. It’s a bit pricey for the size ($18 for 0.33 oz.), but since a little goes a long way, it will last. Just remember to rub it in with the finger or else you’d risk losing some of that product. Also, squeeze (the recipient) gently, as the product tends to overflow.

Also, squeeze (the recipient) gently, as it tends to overflow.

2-    Creamy and Hydrating – Both these products felt creamy when applied to the skin and made it look healthy and hydrated (do not forego natural hydration, though!). The concealer did feel different than drugstore concealer, less cakey, more seamless. Be warned, though, since their product is designed to blend in with your skin, it could end up being more evening out than brightening, but that could be due to the shade of choice. However, they do not have a wide range of shades.

3-    Looks awesome – I got the Cloud Paint in the shades “Haze” and “Dusk”, “Haze” being a pink color and “Dusk” more of a peachy color. Both looked beautiful and natural but “Dusk” just blew my mind. It looked much more natural and subtle and overall amazing. They also have some shimmer that made it look as if I had applied highlighter as well. So, bonus!

Both these products I tried without any primer or foundation, only moisturizer.

My sister tried these as well. She has acne prone combination skin, but had no breakouts afterwards. So if you were worried about what effect these products would have on your acne, don’t sweat it. Overall, I don’t have any complaints with these products other than that they could be considered a bit pricey, especially in comparison to drugstore makeup. However, since it’s not necessary to use many other products in addition to them, you might find them worth it.

BA in English Literature at the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus. Avid reader of fiction: fantasy, paranormal, contemporary, and certain classics.  Can be found browsing Pinterest, spontaneously singing Disney songs, or finding new ways to procrastinate. Speaks fluent sass and movie quotes.