Life > Academics

Embracing the Digital Wave: A Paperless Learning Journey with my iPad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Hey there, tech-savvy trendsetters! Remember that time when you strutted across the high school graduation stage, feeling like the world was your oyster? Well, during that jubilant time, my first big splurge was on none other than an iPad; a game-changer for my academic adventure and beyond. Why, you ask? Let’s dive into the marvelous realm of paperless learning and discover the ins and outs of my digital love affair!

7AZRXTxv1jIxg25y4VvSNCfQe3SvU03gdPlg WDy2Sr3koQsJd3XWUD9Bnv4b8md2KbmqkU0bADzAjaxbnLVRSYqSpbLYfe8gD2oo5N2jCcdY9G3FCBfk9uZ5h9epYZDp0hA0enX

In the beginning, it was all about the sleek and stylish design of the iPad, oozing that irresistible charm. Back-to-school vlogs and content creators paraded the iPad as the epitome of organization and aesthetic allure. Oh, how I wanted to rock that vibe! But reality struck—it was a hefty investment, and my hard-earned money was at stake. So, I delved into the world of iPad benefits, beyond its “cool kid on the block” image.

Picture this: no more half-filled, wasted notebooks from my high school days. The digital shift to fully online learning in my first year of college urged me to ponder over the unnecessary paper usage. Grading, tests, homework, quizzes, class notes—everything went digital. It was an eco-conscious choice that aligned with the semester-based learning system. The iPad became my academic companion, holding all the cards in its sleek, portable frame. Capable of transforming me from an academic butter knife into an academic sword.

As online learning transitioned into the classroom setting, professors followed suit by fully embracing the digital wave. Online courses, digital hand-ins, virtual books, and interactive classes became the norm. Having an iPad was not just a preference; it was a requirement to keep up with the academic pace. The ease of accessibility, combined with the aesthetic allure, fueled my motivation in the academic realm.

Fast forward to today, in the midst of my third year pursuing a bachelor’s degree, I can confidently affirm that choosing the iPad was the ultimate game-changer. Allow me to spill the tea on my must-have apps, that enhanced my academic odyssey:

3b06AvT0l67mgPoQEvmsKr5OOAf5QyhNVRQb1XJx5L4tFc4EqWMQ16 cp6n03lGc8kw3bI Zqi41b eSQKeXoTNDcMnctu G

1. GoodNotes: Annotate, scribble, and organize my thoughts in a digital notebook? GoodNotes has got my back!

2. Notion: A powerhouse for organizing my tasks, notes, and projects in one sleek interface. It’s a digital productivity wonderland.

3. Google Apps and Microsoft Apps: The dynamic duo for document collaboration and communication. They keep me on top of my academic game.

4. Canva: For those creative bursts! Designing presentations and visual content is a breeze.

5. Mathway: Math troubles, be gone! Mathway swoops in to save the day with step-by-step solutions.

6. Spotify: A dose of musical motivation to keep the study sessions groovy.

7. Duolingo: Multitasking at its finest—learning a new language while on the go!

hYG i74PiERsWaeOCEYpBUPVX PvFebO1Rovb20fsNP38SlAvEmxtkEbX9HRiYONht MJpQ8ShG6od0pwEuAP oalgEGAIuhMhcOE6j UXri2dJgYETqIzTz3FXs4sntnP YsYfcThqG

Even research backs up my statement that going paperless is the best option. In a recent study at MIT, students armed with tablet PCs soared to new heights in their academic journey. Final exam scores and overall grades shot up significantly, showcasing the transformative power of this tech tool. Moreover, quizzes became a breeze, with tablet users outshining their counterparts who stuck to pen and paper.

Embrace the freedom to learn more without feeling overwhelmed! Tablet PCs allowed students to absorb a wealth of knowledge without piling on extra study hours. The amount of study material increased, but the stress levels didn’t—a win-win for any student navigating the academic hustle.

Tablet PCs adapt to your unique learning style. Whether you’re a visual learner or someone who thrives on organized chaos, these devices have your back. Ditch the monotone notes; color-code and customize to your heart’s content. It’s all about making learning a fun, tailored experience.

Gone are the days of lugging heavy backpacks. Tablet PCs are your all-in-one hub for class notes, handouts, and study guides. Imagine having your entire academic world at your fingertips, ready to access anytime, anywhere. Convenience meets efficiency.

Immediate feedback is a game-changer. Tablet PCs let you receive instant corrections on your work, helping you understand and grow faster. Stay ahead of the curve, and conquer the academic realm with confidence.

So, there you have it, fellow digital aficionados! Embrace the era of paperless learning with open arms and a trusty iPad by your side. Here’s to a vibrant and organized academic journey, all neatly tucked into the sleek confines of a tablet. Stay stylish, stay smart!

Hi! My name is Alanis Hilario, but I prefer to go my Lani. I’m a fun loving and curious Aquarius who loves the outdoors and spending time with my loved ones. I am currently coursing my bachelor’s degree in the university of Puerto Rico, rio piedras campus, majoring in interdisciplinary studies of natural sciences with the dream of some day becoming a pediatric doctor in the army. I love to write, paint and listen to music. My favorite artist being Joji and pierce the veil. I’m a super shy person and fun fact is I’ve been writing stories ever since I was a little kid ! Everything aside, I’m so excited to get to know this community and grow as a writer!