Easy Recipe: Frozen Fruit Cake

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Have you ever wanted to create something splendorous, something amazing and delicious to eat without ever having to actually bake? Have you ever wanted to surprise your boyfriend, girlfriend, significant other, or family members with something you made, full of love and care? Well, now you have the opportunity to do just that! It’s simple, it’s pretty, and it’s definitely mouthwatering.

To create this marvelous Frozen Fruit Cake, you just have to follow these simple steps:

INGREDIENTS:

1. 1 bag of frozen strawberries (they can be sliced strawberries)

2. Strawberry sauce

3. 1 bowl of whipped cream (depending on the size of the cake, it could be 2 bowls)

4. 1 Sarah Lee “All Butter Pound Cake”

5. Kiwis  

6. Tangerines

7. Peanuts

8. Container or pan to put the cake in.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Microwave your frozen strawberries in twenty-second intervals until they’re thawed.

2. Take the strawberry sauce and spread some of it on the inside of the container with a spoon. You can put a bit of whipped cream if you want to.

3. Cut the Sarah Lee pound cake into long pieces, not losing its original shape.

4. Put the cutout pieces on top of the strawberry sauce, serving as the first layer (the base) of the cake. It doesn’t matter if the pieces need to be cut in order to fill up the space and edges inside the container.

5. After the first layer is done, repeat the Step #2 on top of the first layer and then Step #4, making the second layer of the cake (the middle). In this second layer, you can put some strawberries, some kiwis, and some mandarins, but not all of them, along with a bit of whipped cream.

6. For the last layer (the top), put the last pieces of Sarah Lee pound cake in an orderly manner, filling up the whole container.

7. After that, spread all of the whipped cream with a big spoon on top of the cake until it covers the pound cake completely.

8. In this step, you can create the design you want for the cake with the fruits that are left, putting them on top of the whipped cream.

9. Using the peanuts (make sure to squash them until they’re in tiny bits if they aren’t already), spread them on top of your creation to cover up the white spots of the whipped cream on the top layer.

10. Last but not least, put the cake in the freezer and leave it there for at least a few hours, but ideally it would be overnight. Afterwards, take the cake out and let it thaw just a little so it won’t be completely frozen when you take a bite of it. Then, it’s ready to serve!

I hope you enjoy this homemade family recipe and keep sharing it out for generations to come!

Aimar B. Galarza is an undergraduate English Literature student in the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus aspiring to become a future editor. She has a passion for anything to do with books, film, writing, music, and acting. She enjoys playing the piano and guitar and has also participated in various musicals as a dancer, singer, and actress, one of them being "Homeroom the Musical" which was presented in Ponce, Puerto Rico and later on presented in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Last but not least, she's also a voice actress on YouTube (AimyAngel) who's collaborated in fan dubs, audiobooks, and animated episodes.