This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

If your in need of a costume and are way too sick of the Party City, Teatrocentro, Hot Topic selections, Her Campus UPR has got you covered! Check out these fashion tips for easy last-minute halloween costumes on our first edition of DIY. 

#1: Mouse or Prisoner

How can you not love this outfit? I mean, the dress and the shoes for both the mouse and the prisoner…it’s to die for. The convenient thing about these outfits is that you can wear them more than just one night. I have always said that classy is the new provocative… So, this year make a change and forget about those tight leotards or pajamas and try a dress instead. 

#2 Classy or Hipster Minnie Mouse

Transform your favorite character into a Fashion Icon by mixing together your favorite pieces. Polka dots are easy to find in any retail store, and you know what the best part is? They never go out of style. Put it together with some pumps and you’ve got yourself a hot and classy Minnie Mouse. On the flip side, if you use the jeans and the red sneakers, you will be one hell of a hipster. 

#3 Greek Goddess

Chiffon dress, gladiator flats, and whatever ancient jewelry you can find in your pile of accessories, and you’ve got yourself a greek goddess. It’s a fun and classic costume, very easy to do it yourself.

#4 Mermaid

Going to an elegant costume party? Mermaid tails are very sophisticated and you can find them in so many clothing stores. The bustier shows your sexy side and nothing screams mermaid more than seashell jewelry.

#5 Pilot or Sailor

Do you like airplanes or boats? Edgy or classy? It doesn’t matter where you get your ideas, what’s important is how you put everything together. Your killer style will be key in the process of mixing and matching outfits. 

#6 The Explorer

Life on this tropical island is definitely exquisite, but finding the perfect outfit that fits for your halloween party can be quite the challenge. If you want to learn more about the DIY section on HCUPR, stay tuned for my posts! 

*Photo Courtesy:

www.polyvore.com

Style: Andrea Devoto

20 year old journalism student, blogger, stylist, social media savvy, foodie, and style chameleon. Take a look at my lifestyle/personal blog: http://andreadevoto.blogspot.com/
Suzzette Martinez Malavet is a senior at the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras studying Information and Journalism. She loves photography, shoes, fashion, social media, traveling and exercising outdoors. She has interned at the Capitol of Puerto Rico, Diálogo Digital, Wapa TV, Telemundo Network, U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions and the Corporate Communication/Sales & Marketing Department of the U.S. Mint in DC, but her proudest accomplishment was in Spring 2013 when she founded the very first HC Chapter in Puerto Rico, Her Campus UPR. Suzzette is currently the Chapter Advisor of Her Campus American University, Marymount, William & Mary, and GW. She is also a returning intern this semester at the U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions. This 22-year-old woman is the most career-driven individual you will ever meet. If you want to know a little more about her...if you want to know what makes her tick and what inspires her the most...Unlock the mystery by reading some of her awesome articles!