This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

The time has arrived: it’s the last day of Cute Campus Couples. It’s definitely been a wild ride, but it has also been a fulfilling one. We had the chance to meet and interview all those that went on this journey with us. We had intended for this to be the fourteen days of Cute Campus Couples, and we made it! However, most importantly, we started out with the mission of bringing quality content with diverse and inclusive articles. We hope that variety was delivered and appreciated.

Without further ado, we decided to go with a bang! So… Here are our last three couples!

Enjoy!

Couple number one!

Cute Campus Couple

Victoria Portela & Walter Toledo

How’d you two meet?

VP: We met in a class from Generales, in English, intermediate English.

WT: Yes, intermediate English. With a professor that was disagreeable.

VP: And we became friends first, and… After a few months, around January, was when we became really good friends, and we’d see each other every day, or at least we saw each other more often. But… He was in a relationship around that time.

WT: Yes, and I ended that around May, and then I left for a trip to New York. That was when we started talking even more, and I asked her to go out.

VP: And yeah… That’s how we met!

How long have you been together?

VP: How long have we been together? A year.

WT: And a half

VP: A year and a half.

WT: Yep!

What was the first thing you noticed about each other?

VP: Bueno… I think the first thing I noticed about Walter was that he wasn’t that macho man, typical alpha macho, and I liked that about him.

WT: And the first thing I noticed about her was that her hair was weird.

She starts laughing.

VP: Around that time I had my hair kind of pink and other colors.

WT: Yeah, she resembled a cheerleader.

VP: And also, the way I dressed. Kind of like a tomboy.

WT: After that, the first thing I really noticed was that she’s very charitable. Se desvive por las personas.

VP: Aww, thank you.

What makes your relationship work?

VP: Well, I think that to make relationships work you kind of have to accept that there will be differences and discussions, and there will be moments when you might get fed up with the person or even bored, but the important thing is that if you get bored one day, it shouldn’t matter. You should be able to get bored with your partner but let it be happily and comfortably. It’s a reality; relationships are hard, and sometimes you end up bored.

WT: Yeah. I think that it isn’t for everybody. I always advise that one should stay single if they’re not up for the hard work. Some relationships require more efforts than others, but the most important thing is the lessons and memories that one takes with them, and that the time invested was well spent.

VP: We sound like old people that have been together for 20 years.

One word to describe your partner.

WT: Rampante.

VP: Genial.

Do you have a Valentine’s Day tradition?

VP: We don’t have traditions, to be honest, but we do have habits.

WT: Yes.

VP: Not for Valentine’s Day in particular, but we always go to the same restaurant and almost always we order the same thing, and we always order a coffee at the end.

WT: Yes, we always go to Flor de Parcha. We open the restaurant, and…

VP: At 11 sharp!

WT: And the waiters know us.

Couple number two!

Cute Campus Couple

Maria Cintron & Miguel Acosta

How’d you two meet?

MC: We met through the Estudiantes Orientadores program, and it wasn’t until after more than a year later that we started to date.

MA: We met through that program, but fell in love through theatre.

How long have you been together?

MA: About a year and a bit.

MC: Right now, it’s been a year and four months to be exact and hoping for more to come.

MC: He noticed me first, so he wins that one, but the first thing I noticed about him was his smile, and when he smiled at me it seemed like the rest of the planet didn’t really matter.

MA: Her laugh was the first thing that made me notice her.

What makes your relationship work?

MA: Understanding. Whenever we have a problem between us, we talk it out and try our best to understand.

MC: I think what mostly makes our relationship work is not giving up on each other too easily. We’ve had and still have our rough times, but I wouldn’t give him up for the world because he is my world, and I rather lose everything else than to ever lose him.

One word to describe your partner.

MC: Passionate.

MA: Amazing.

Couple number three!

Cute Campus Couple

Paola Marquetti y Alejandra Resto

How’d you two meet?

PM: Through a mutual friend. She was a freshman and she was being introduced to her older friends group and, well, I was a part of it. I just asked who she was and people around me would just tell me no, Paola no.

AR: Fue en el Centro, en IUPIcoop. There were a lot of people but there was her, this girl who was very loud, pretty and just all over the place

How long have you been together?

AR: A year and two months

PM: A year and two months on Valentine’s Day.

AR: Her smile.

PM: Her f*****g beautiful eyes

What makes your relationship work?

PM: Time, communication and good humor.

AR: Yeah, we’re both kind of goofy idiots and well also honesty and communication.

One word to describe your partner.

AR: Magical.

PM: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! No, I’m kidding. I’d probably say majestic.

What’s your Valentine’s Day tradition?

PM: We give each other gifts and spend the day together.

AR: We kind of just give each other something, even when we constantly tell each other we don’t want anything.

We truly hope you enjoyed our Cute Campus Couples series. Now you can really let us know which one was your favorite! Head on over to Twitter!

Antoinette Luna is a Performance Studies and Comparative Literature major at the UPR. Her passions include writing, reading, and anything crafty. She loves to sew, write, and make things from scratch. DIY is the name of her game. Around campus, she is known as a bubbly young woman who goes by just Luna. Her future goals include traveling, traveling, and more traveling. Outspoken transfeminist, and wannabe activist, she's out to set fires.
Born and raised in Puerto Rico, Josie is a senior in the UPR-Río Piedras campus, majoring in English Literature. When she's not on campus, you can find her browsing a bookstore (as if her TBR pile isn't big enough already!). Books and writing are what drives this girl--apart from fighting to destigmatize mental illnesses and raising awareness about the importance of consent. Josie enjoys traveling, bingeing on spicy food and a lot of sweets, blasting Bieber, and adding shows or movies to her Netflix queue that she'll never get to. Josie is a junior editor for the Rio Piedras chapter in Puerto Rico. If you want to see what else Josie is up to, you can catch her on her bookstagram.