This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

It’s October, which means hashtags such as #inktober, #witchtober, and even #chilltober are trending. Artists all over social media are once again joining the annual challenge to produce art every single day throughout the Halloween season. Some artists rely on a prompt list, while others create off-topic pieces. These are 15 of the most creative #inktober2019 submissions on Instagram so far. Keep your eye out for more though, there will be new art all month-long.

@thecantogirl’s Ring

Going off of the official @inktober prompt list, this artist did such a clever take on day one’s prompt, “Ring.” Her concept is smart, the character’s pose is dynamic, and the lingerie is just fabulous. A++.

@miacat0’s Mindless

Also based on the official Inktober prompt list, this piece is tackling the theme “Mindless.” At first glance, it’s a sweet drawing of a cute girl dancing with a robot. Upon closer look, you’ll notice the robot is a) decapitated, and b) has a dagger punctured through its chest. The girl herself is carrying a gun and has a badass skull tattoo to match. It’s all in the details.

@madiharpart’s Freeze

While there are impressive submissions out there dealing with literal ice, this take on the prompt “Freeze” steps outside the box in an adorable way. There’s humor in it, and the ink technique is stunning. If you’re a fan of this style, definitely check out the rest of @madiharpart’s submissions. Highly recommended.

@asayris’s Mummy

Talk. About. A look. The detailing is amazing. The mummy in the drawing is so life-like, and the gold accents are a really nice touch. They give the piece a finished haunting look. The most impressive part is the eyes. Look at her eyes! This mummy babe is a knock-out. The artist really did the most.

@paulaoohla’s Candy/Build Mash-Up

This artist combined two words from two different prompt lists: “Candy” and “Build.” Honestly, “Halloween Gingerbread House” should’ve been its own prompt because it’s brilliant! Bonus points for the cute pumpkin helper. The little guy is cleverly placed in all of @paulaoohla’s drawings.

@schmoedraws’s Zombie

The best part about @schmoedraws’s Inktober posts is that they’re an ongoing comic—with her real-life son as the main character. The “Zombie” one is so original ‘cause the zombie isn’t even the point of contention here. Your child going missing on Halloween night is honestly scarier. If you wanna know what happens to little Remus, follow @schmoedraws for more. Doo iiit.

@raqueltraveillustration’s Spellbook

Gold, black and white is such a match! It’s really nice too when images pop out of their own frame. The artist also does a great job with the shading here, where it actually looks like the spellbook is emitting light. Overall, this is a beautiful and very dynamic piece.

@madiebryson’s Enchanted

The theme here is “Enchanted,” and this eerie, alluring image certainly delivers. It’s also worth mentioning that all of @madiebryson’s works for Inktober could’ve easily made this list. Her imagination, combined with her use of ink materials, is breathtaking.

@susancurrydesign’s Spooky Lady

Sometimes it’s all about simplicity. This is especially true when you’re trying to meet the quota of posting a drawing daily. @susancurrydesign does a great job with her minimalistic approach. The clean, straight lines are so crisp it’s hard not to be drawn to this “spooky lady.”

@brooklynwalker.art’s Pattern

This one’s captioned: “He decided to spice up his wardrobe with a few patterned quilts he’d found around the mansion”. I mean, is that not the most precious thing a ghost has ever done? It’s such a novel idea for the “Pattern” prompt too. Let’s also appreciate the fact that @brooklynwalker.art did this on a post-it.

@theanimatedlife’s (Snow) Angel

The details, the pun: it’s all lovely. The piece also doubles as Supernatural fanart. Several of @theanimatedlife’s submissions have been inspired by the series. So, if you’re a fan, you’ll no doubt enjoy this artist’s work. If you’re not, it’s pre-tty spectacular art anyway.

@catmallardart’s Cryptid

This gorgeous piece looks straight out of a vintage children’s book. We don’t often see art like this anymore which is what makes it so unique. @catmallardart truly has a unique style.

@lucydash_art’s Pattern

There are a couple of things going for this submission: it’s animated, it’s literally several drawings in one, and it serves as Stranger Things fanart. If anyone’s considering dressing up as ’80s Eleven for Halloween, here’s your inspo. Follow @lucydash_art for more!

@liya.july’s Clown

The eyes, the lips, the freckles, the hair, everything: stunning! She’s a doll. Prettiest clown you’ll ever come across. If you want more of this lovely art, follow the artist on Instagram.

@aizearoca’s Mombie

Behold, the “mombie.” This artist’s twist on the “Zombie” prompt is both hilarious and awesome. The concept is not only creative but grounded. Moms dealing with their children’s sugar rush this Halloween season will surely relate.

It’s hard to keep track of all the incredible art circulating the internet right now. This list covers less than a handful. Consider it an intro. to what’s to come. While you’re at it, follow these and more artists for eye candy all through October.

Gabriela Collazo Díaz is an undergraduate student majoring in English Literature at the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus. From a young age she was drawn to the arts. She took violin lessons as a child; sang in the municipal choir of Manatí, P.R.; and was part of the UPR's Teatro lírico. In 2018, she published a short story titled "La pubertad de las hadas" in the anthology Más allá del huracán. The anthology was part of a Hurricane Maria-inspired project for a creative writing course taught by Prof. Mayra Santos-Febres. In addition to singing and writing, Collazo also enjoys drawing, songwriting, and photography. She is an animal lover, and has an affinity for fashion and pop culture.