Campus Profile: Christian Alicea

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

If you ask me the first word that would come to my mind when you mention this guy, is history. Not only because I’ve known him for years now, but also because he’s a man of many tales. I recall when I met him almost four years ago at an Organic Chemistry Lab. I remember he always had the attitude to help anyone out, even if he was having a bad day. He’d do whatever he could to make you smile, even when we were stuck dealing with Chromatography at 8pm on a Tuesday night. The people who have had the pleasure to meet him, know that he’s always cracking jokes, or just messing with his dirty minded humor, which happens to be really funny, by the way. Going to the present, he’s now 23 and almost ready to graduate, and he already has his things planned out. It has been a wild ride, my friend. Meet this week’s Campus Profile.

Name: Christian Omar Alicea Esquilin

Age: 23

Major: Chemistry

Hometown: Fajardo

Classification: Senior

Relationship Status: Single

1. HCUPR: Tell us about yourself:

C: What can I say? I’m a brutally honest person, I consider myself to be a crazy and humble person. I also have my demons. I’m an extrovert. I hate beaches, even though I live very near one. I love pasta, I would literally eat pasta for days. I consider myself to be a “jodón”. I love research and I’m a chemistry major.

2. HCUPR: Of all the things you could study, why Chemistry?

C: It challenges me. It’s a complicated math, but understandable nonetheless. Chemistry is passion, love, and life (Biology says so, too!)

3. HCUPR: What are your plans after graduating?

C: Start grad school in Chemistry and be a T.A. Have a stable job as a tutor until I can get a PhD in Inorganic Chem. But I also love Coordination Chemistry.

4. HCUPR: Something not many people know about you:

C: I’m a lover not a fighter, even though my appereance says otherwise. I have a love/hate relationship with music. And I have a thing for eyes.

5. HCUPR: Ideal date and partner:

C: I’m gonna be very specific on the partner: She has to be 5’5-5’8 tall. Curly hair is a must, bright eyes and a beautiful smile. Normal body build. Overall a nice and smart girl who is easy-going and open minded. As for the date, a random one. We’ll see how the day goes.

6. HCUPR: If you could do anything without getting caught, what would it be?

C: Channel my inner Breaking Bad’s Walter White and build my own meth lab. Someone has to pay the bills, haha!

7. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

C. With my own lab and hopefully being my own boss.

8. HCUPR: What is your life motto?

C: If you’re gonna do something, you do it right. It pretty much explains itself.

9. HCUPR: Someone who inspires you and why?

C: The first person I could think of was my mom. She was as brutally honest as I am. She was the boss of the family. Even though she was of strong character, she was a caring woman who made sure everything and everyone was okay. I aspire to be like that.

10. HCUPR: What is you biggest accomplishment?

C: Soon to happen, graduate from the UPR.

11. HCUPR: Describe yourself in 3 words:

C: Best Adventure Ever.

Nahir Robles was a former member of the Her Campus at UPR chapter from 2013 until 2018. She graduated with a Bachelor's in Integrative Biology. Some of her interests include writing, modeling, and wrestling. She is currently a Her Campus Mentor and works as a Pathology Assistant.